Pursuit is a social impact organization consisting of a 501c3 non-profit & a Public Benefit Corporation, focused on creating economic transformation for high-need, high-potential adults through technology. We are a mission-driven organization that goes beyond technical instruction to offer coaching, career development, & employer partnerships that help our Fellows secure high-paying software engineering jobs & thrive in their new careers.
We are One Big Team
The passionate & collaborative team at Pursuit gives its all to achieve our mission. And its not just staff. We work with employer partners that love hiring our Fellows because they are so well prepared, ranging from big financial firms to scrappy startups, & everything in between. We also activate & engage hundreds of volunteers that come from all areas of the tech industry. These experts & professionals help keep our curriculum fresh & our standards for achievement high by participating in our admissions process, as well as program-specific activities such as interview training, DemoDays, Hackathons, & Capstone projects.
About the Role
As the VP of Partnerships & Business Development you will lead & manage the aggregate sales process with prospective, enterprise level clients. You will play a role in all aspects of the commercial business including build-out of internal sales processes, identifying & developing strong revenue opportunities, account development, managing strategic initiatives & the onboarding of new accounts. As an experienced sales leader & people manager, you will leverage your vast professional knowledge of best sales practices & apply that to the development of your team, creating scalable & repeatable processes while driving revenue growth across existing & new markets.
As the VP of Partnerships & Business Development you will:
- Play a key leadership role with the Pursuit organization youll shape & steward Pursuits commercial strategy in existing & new business areas
- Inform market & partnership development, identify new markets & innovate on current offerings
- Create compelling business cases for clients & shape company materials such as pitch decks & case studies
- Define sales processes & team structure, including the creation of a best-in-class Customer Success function, creating an optimal team structure
- Lead a team of sales & customer success professionals, defining sales processes & team structure, establishing KPIs & drive towards sales outcomes
- Develop pricing, deal structure, proposal, supporting marketing collateral & presentations to drive forward the sale
- Effectively manage the team to achieve revenue goals while aiding in their professional development & new business sales skills
- Act as a strategic thought leader & partner with client organizations & inform product development based on their input
- Lead our most innovative enterprise deals with high-profile clients
- 10+ years progressive sales experience, selling to enterprise level clients with a proven track record of hitting revenue targets & overall company goals
- 3+ years as a people manager, bonus points for experience scaling sales & customer success organizations, & getting the best performance from your teams
- Knowledge of the tech industry & the ability to apply that knowledge to create new & innovative opportunities & go to market strategy
- Comfortable working on a small team & not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Demonstrated experience scaling organizations including the development of sales processes, sales materials & product positioning, breaking new business & establishing new markets
Nice to have:
- Contacts with executives & members of the C-suite at various technical organizations
- Experience scaling product offerings & revenue, from startup to midstage
Where youll work:
- Virtuallyfor nowfrom your home or our community office space in Long Island City, NYC
- Because we are One Big Team, we are having conversations on what a return to in-person work schedules would look like & are actively gathering feedback from staff & fellows to determine the best course of action
Pursuit Values Diversity
Our team has a wide range of backgrounds & experiences, & we value the richness that diversity brings to our organization. We welcome new perspectives & affirm that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer.