We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent & human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service & healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
In this role, you will join our tight-knit finance team & work directly with our VP of Finance & Accounting. You will own the financial planning & analysis work that enables our innovative model to succeed as we grow. We understand & value technology, so this can become a powerful part of your tool kit.
What is the position?
In the first six weeks you will:
- Be up to speed on the financial processes & Oscar team dynamics/culture.
- Have met with department owners to understand cross functional finance support needs.
- Play a supporting role in the monthly close to ensure accurate financials are delivered to our stakeholders
- Begin & execute the preparation of the administrative budget, expense forecasts, headcount reporting & supporting analyses while all ensuring their quality, timeliness, & accuracy.
By month three you will:
- Lead efforts to interface with each department to provide expense trends & analyze key drivers of costs.
- Drive requirements & implementation for financial planning & business intelligence systems as needed (Essbase, Workforce Planning, Periscope, etc.).
- Prepare monthly budget versus actual fluctuation analyses for both management & board.
- Support the strategic planning process & be a key player in its development.
On an ongoing basis you will:
- Support the business groups in managing their spending budgets, including monthly budget vs. actual analysis, headcount reporting, monthly & quarterly expense forecast updates, annual planning, & special projects
- Create & maintain reports to measure & track results against expectations.
- Support key decisions through ad-hoc analyses (e.g. departmental P&Ls, magnitude & timing of infrastructure investment).
Who are you?
Youre very self-motivated & no job is too big.
Must have qualifications include:
- Bachelors degree
- 5+ years of FP&A experience. Preference for FMP
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Well-organized, data driven, & comfortable managing multiple projects.
- Proficiency in Excel & Powerpoint
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you have
- Hands-on attitude
- Excellent teamwork, communication, & interpersonal skills
- Self-starter capable of driving business results without significant supervision in a rapidly growing organization
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves & build complex models in Excel & implementation of planning applications
- Ability to keep track of all the details while managing a complicated process
- Entrepreneurial mindset & ability to innovate improvements to current processes
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.