Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart that enables anyone to build a beautiful online presence. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within teams alongside product managers & engineers. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, & each member is directly responsible for the team's success.
Were looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Checkout & Payments team within the Growth organization. The Checkout & Payments team is responsible for maintaining a secure & efficient checkout flow for all Squarespace products for our users around the world. In this role, you will be responsible for evolving the checkout experience by collaborating heavily with product managers, engineers, content strategy & research. We are seeking a detail-oriented product designer who thrives by diving into the weeds of complex systems & has a love for iterative design.
You will report to the Product Design Manager of Revenue Expansion.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Improve existing design solutions while also continuing to evolve our best-in-class checkout experience
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Think holistically about the user journey & product ecosystem
- Continually seek to understand the capabilities & technical constraints of the systems with which youll be working
- Design concepts for the platform that are usable, educational, & relevant
- Contribute to OKRs, product strategy, vision, & roadmap by working closely with PM & Engineering partners
- Collaborate with product & engineering teams from concept & discovery through delivery & beyond
- Be data-driven & have an interest in measuring & improving the experience
- Facilitate user research & testing, ensuring usability & product consistency
- 4+ years of experience
- Affinity for interaction design & has a keen eye for subtle details
- Experience in the UX process inclusive of research, visual design & prototyping
- Use a systems approach to design
- Love of iterative development
- Knowledge of current trends in design & technology
- Proficiency in animation tools like Principle
- Deep passion for our product & the impact that it has in the world
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement & how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace