*If youre interested in joining the CB Insights Team, please send us your resume. We'll keep your information on file. If the role becomes available & you meet the requirements, someone from the team will reach out!
Develop a state-of-the-art product. Make sense of the future. Use data to drive business.
Whats CB Insights All About?
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore & exploit emerging technologies. We help the worlds leading companies accelerate their digital strategy & transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine & human intelligence to help you discover & manage your response to emerging technology startups & markets.
The Role Youll Play
Here at CB Insights, our backend software engineers build robust services & scalable data processing jobs. You would be a senior member on one of our feature teams we call Rebel Alliance, which works on our client-facing platform.
About the Rebel Alliance team
This team is one of the primary feature teams at CBI. This means we get to work on a variety of interesting projects involving one of our platform's key functionalities. Working in the CBI engineering department is unique. Since we are a smaller team without a lot of bureaucracy, we are able to really push the envelope without going through a lot of red tape. We have a modern tech stack & we value continued learning through sharing. Youd be part of a cross-disciplinary, self-motivated team with clear ownership & passion to form the future. Our crew uses state-of-the-art technologies & writes quality code that ships often.
Your Main Tasks
- Develop features for our next generation market intelligence platform on a small Agile team.
- Consistently & frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable & tested within the agreed upon timeframe.
- Participate in code reviews & sprint planning, help identify opportunities, work through challenges & share knowledge with colleagues.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements.
What you bring to the table
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering
- Expertise in Python & SQL
- Experience writing unit tests regularly
- Familiarity with data manipulation & algorithms
- Relational database proficiency (e.g. MySQL, Aurora, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment
- An interest in helping out across the stack as needed
Huge plus if you have..
- Experience with Golang
- FE knowledge
Youll be successful here if
- A believer in Lean & Agile values & principles for building software
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills
- Helpful, Humble Human
- Love for experimentation
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!