SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings, with over 12 million companies continuously rated, operating in 64 countries. Founded in 2013 by security & risk experts Dr. Alex Yampolskiy & Sam Kassoumeh & funded by world-class investors, SecurityScorecards patented rating technology is used by over 25,000 organizations for self-monitoring, third-party risk management, board reporting, & cyber insurance underwriting; making all organizations more resilient by allowing them to easily find & fix cybersecurity risks across their digital footprint.
Headquartered in New York City, our culture has been recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace, by Crains NY as a "Best Places to Work in NYC," & as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in New York for two years in a row. Most recently, SecurityScorecard was named to Fast Companys annual list of the Worlds Most Innovative Companies for 2023 & to the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in 2023 award recognizing forward-thinking employers for their unwavering commitment to employee engagement. SecurityScorecard is proud to be funded by world-class investors including Evolution Equity Partners, Sequoia Capital, GV & Riverwood Capital.
This position requires work in the US-Eastern time zone from 8 am-5 pm ET.
The Staff engineer will ensure that the support team provides high-quality support to customers through effective communication, problem-solving, & customer service skills. In addition, you need to work closely with other teams within the company to identify opportunities for improvement & help develop & implement strategies for enhancing the customer experience.
- In this role, the engineer will work on customer issue cases & also provide guidance to other team members. Respond to the team's inquiries, provide technical solutions, & mentor them to develop their skills
- Develop tools using various scripting languages that will help improve teams efficiencies.
- Collaborate with other teams to develop & implement strategies for enhancing the customer experience.Develop & maintain support processes & procedures, & identify areas for improvement.
- A successful candidate will be committed to providing amazing customer support experiences, using skills that include building trust, showing empathy & excellent communication to answer customer enquiries
- Understanding the SSC platform & all core functionalities will be essential while employing various diagnostic tools to isolate the potential cause of the issue
- The engineer is expected to diligently manage & resolve challenging issues assigned to them but may need to coordinate assistance from additional teams for more complex cases
- Own customer issues from creation to resolution. As such, creative problem solving, a collaborative nature & flexibility will be key to your success
- Lastly, play a key role in providing input across business units regarding process & product improvements due to their unique perspective when working on technical issues for customers
- Create & share technical knowledge base articles.
- The Senior Technical Support Engineer must be able to work outside of normal business hours (weekend shifts, holidays) as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in a technical support role.
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity concepts & technologies.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to think creatively & outside the box.
- Experience with support ticketing systems & customer relationship management (CRM) tools.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities & deadlines.
- Experience developing & implementing support processes & procedures.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate & inspire team members to achieve their goals.
Solutions Focused: We identify problems then quickly shift to solutions.
Customer Centric: We are obsessed with making our customers happy.
One Scorecard: We are one team that embraces diversity, fun & collaboration.
Resilient: We persevere through obstacles.
Embody #SecurityDNA: We practice what we preach.
Awards & Recognition
Top 10 Cybersecurity Experts 2021 - Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy
CEO of the Year - Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy
Best Cybersecurity Company
Deloitte Technology Fast 500
The Forrester New Wave Leader, Cybersecurity Risk Rating Platforms
SecurityScorecard is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity & embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring & retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, & perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit & do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including pregnancy) gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, disability status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact email@example.com.
SecurityScorecard does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies.