The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
This position is based in Secaucus, NJ & will report to the Assistant Manager of Loss Prevention.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- The ability to Safely handle & identify any security/safety related issues present in a warehouse environment
- Full availability with the ability to work weekends & overtime when needed
- Ability to review credentials of any visitor to the facility & conduct checks of employees entering & leaving the facility
- Ability to be able to review & maintain a safe environment in & around fire exits, & report, address any infractions
- Ability to assist if needed in parking lot organization
- Ability to complete audits as needed
- Ability to assist in emergency situations including active shooter scenarios & evacuations
- The ability to be able to communicate to all levels of business partners as they enter or leave the facility security protocols IE bag checks, metal detectors, wand usage
- Possess the ability to walk a patterned area of responsibility reviewing, documenting, & following up on safety or possible security issues
- Participate in the training or mock training drills of new hire Associates
- Working knowledge of how to use CCTV equipment. Experience with Genetec a plus
- Ability to handle multiple complex, time sensitive situations while remaining calm, cool & collected
- Overseeing off-site photo shoots, counting product in & out
- Maintain proper building security standards
- Must be able to work weekends & evenings
What You Bring To The Role
- 2+ years of security experience. (warehouse experience preferred)
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Knowledge of how to conduct inbound screening process including using a metal detector & wand
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to use google documents
- Excellent written & communication skills
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.