Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms & products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure & capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 23 billion in circulation & supported over $640B in transactions in the past year. Circles payments & treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account & APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system & digital currency & blockchain based finance. Circles SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising & capital formation to startups & growth companies. Combined, Circles suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global & inclusive financial system.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value, Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money & internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
As a member of the Treasury Investment, Collateral & Regulatory Compliance team, youll gain experience building & managing an investment portfolio as well as building processes from the ground up to support Treasury collateral management, cash management & regulatory compliance functions. Youll help to build reports, analytics & intelligence on portfolio performance & portfolio optimization. You will have the opportunity to build out collateral & investment management strategic processes while developing critical skills & industry knowledge. You will collaborate across all teams/stakeholders, both internal & external. You will also participate in the development of related policies & processes to ensure alignment with Treasury objectives, primarily as it relates to cash, digital assets, investment & financial risk management.
What you'll work on:
- Actively monitor, reconcile & manage digital collateral posted by Circles clients for various CeFi & DeFi activities, including tracking & reporting collateral valuation & movement, coordinating collateral margin calls & payouts.
- Investigate, report, reconcile & resolve any issues with collateral movements/breaks, valuations, customer performance & internal deliverables.
- Assist in developing a dynamic framework for verifying & monitoring collateral value, safekeeping of collateral & moving collateral between sources & customer.
- Support operations around loan program, loan activities & manage digital wallet for the program.
- Support the buildout of all collateral management reporting, loan activities reporting & other management reportings around the loan portfolio.
- Support the Engineering team in implementing & testing automated solutions for Treasury initiatives on collateral management, loan management, cash & wallet management.
- Evaluate internal controls to identify weaknesses & any associated risks, as well as make recommendations on how to mitigate those risks.
- Develop & maintain Operational processes through documentation updates & knowledge transfer.
- Work directly with the Senior Manager of Collateral & Investments implementing the investment portfolio strategy, strategic reserves & optimizing returns.
- Work directly with the Senior Manager of Collateral & Investment to align all investment policies with best practices of capital protection & value creation
- Understand Circles USDC reserve policies & primary objectives.
- Establish relationships & work closely with Circles investment manager & support staff.
- Prepare reports for senior management & regulatory authorities.
- Monitor all investments for compliance with existing agreements, internal policies & regulatory compliance.
- Work closely with your Treasury team members to ensure that various liquidity pools are funded within the established guidelines.
- Communicate current conditions, anticipated challenges & risks to team members & management.
- Coordinate with Finance & Accounting to ensure all required reporting metrics are available.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Computer Science or Business related field.
- 3+years of progressively responsible positions in Treasury, Finance or Collateral Management - Treasury operations experience strongly preferred.
- Strong operational background with an understanding of current market innovations & trends.
- Knowledge of market investment instruments, their characteristics & risks is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of markets activities including investment portfolios, collateral management & liquidity pools.
- Established ability to organize, analyze & interpret large data sets to explain irregularities or trends.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities & use good judgement to establish order or priorities on the fly.
- Ability to work with & influence internal & external customers to resolve exception items & achieve organizational objectives on an expedient basis.
- Established ability to build new processes & workflows as needed.
- Self-motivated & creative problem-solver.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack & Apple MacOS preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.