Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Analyst, Quality Improvement Operations to join our Quality Improvement team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Quality Improvement (QI) program seeks to continuously improve the member care & services provided by Oscar & our network partners. This role supports submissions for Oscars NCQA accreditation & monitoring of adherence to standards for maintaining accreditation. Taking ownership of aspects of the submission & quality assurance processes as well as identifying areas for potential improvement.
You will report into the Quality Improvement Operations Manager
- Provide support for Oscar health plan & corporate accreditations
- Coordinate collection of documentation from appropriate stakeholders
- Bookmark policies, annual reports, & subcommittee reports/minutes for submission for NCQA
- Upload completed documents to the NCQA IRT tool
- Assist with the presentation of case files during onsite file reviews
- Coordinate any onsite or virtual reviews with NCQA surveyors
- Ensure all policies have updated NCQA standard content & footnotes
- Ensure all member & provider materials are adherent to NCQA standards
- Monitor automation of file review components
- Act as a subject matter expertise & provide education on NCQA standards related to marketing materials & the provider directory
- 2+ years of healthcare related experience in quality improvement/management, project coordination, managed care or population health.
- Familiarity with Google Sheets and/or Microsoft Excel skills
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, health care, information systems, social sciences, public health or other related fields
- Familiarity with NCQA accreditation programs (ie. Health Plan, Utilization Management, Credentialing, Provider Network, Multicultural Health Care, Population Health Program, Case Management, MBHO, etc.)
- Have knowledge around industry best practices & regulatory compliant reporting
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.