At OnDeck, we improve the worlds economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration, but arent afraid of healthy competition; where were serious about our work but dont take ourselves too seriously; & where we are small enough to be nimble but strong enough to make a big impact.
Technology at OnDeck is a mix ofbuilding world-class user experiences for our partners & direct customers, data processing to enable underwriting model development andreal-timelending decisions, automating operational & compliance workflows, & generating precise money movements & calculations to service our customers. We have an emphasis onscalability,reliability & accuracy. Architecture plays a very crucial role to develop processes that consistently define implementation strategies, evaluate technical risk, shape long term technical direction. While pursuing these goals, its also critical to maintain a collaborative approach with the rest of the development organization (EAs customers) to avoid architecture in isolation.
As an Architect at OnDeck, you will:
- Evaluate designs, collaborate with development, product & business teams & sign-off for product feature designs
- Design technical solution options for the OnDeck Platform & Partner integrations.
- Develop a reference architecture & steer development organization towards it
- Assess existing & new technical risks associated with the OnDeck Platform
- Develop standards & best practices & identify areas of improvement.
Here at OnDeck we rely heavily on our tech leads to:
- Care deeply about making a business impact
- Focus on scalability, security & flexibility of solutions
- Innovate & promote learning
- Help engineers to thrive
Qualifications for success:
- Problem solving & analytical skills, ability to synthesize complex requirements & provide practical solutions.
- Understand the platform quickly, gain insights & be able to ask the right questions.
- Strong Distributed software system design fundamentals.
- Comfort with an Agile development environment.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Exposure to Financial Services domain.
- Experience with the java development stack & open source frameworks / tools (Spring, Hibernate, Maven, etc).
- Experience with cloud based computing & design/implementation of full stack applications.
- Migration experience shifting from on premise infrastructure to cloud.