Who We Are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
About The Role
- Analyze Dataminrs proprietary algorithmic data streams, using their linguistic, regional or technical expertise
- Compile research for Dataminrs priority clients in the corporate risk, public sector & news verticals & succinctly summarize findings
- Conduct research to quickly become proficient on any topic, industry or company depending on client needs
- Aid in development & implementation of cross-functional process around major pre-planned events
- Consolidate institutional knowledge in preparation for upcoming major AI initiatives
- Please note that this position is an hourly role with a set wage. This role is approximately 40 hours/week (negotiable)
Who You Are
You are a highly motivated undergraduate student who loves being at the forefront of breaking news & has a passion for technology & social media. You will assist Dataminrs Research & Development team in conducting both qualitative & technical research, maintaining databases & other responsibilities.
Desired Skills And Experience:
- Completing a 4-year undergraduate degree, preferably in Data Analytics, International Relations, Linguistics, Economics or related fields
- Experience using social media search tools
- Passion for following world news & current events
- Excellent editing, writing, grammar, & proofreading skills
- High proficiency in MS Office suite & Google Suite, including Slides & Sheets
- Ability to query, manipulate, & analyze data quickly with a keen eye for detail
- Self-motivation & an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding communication & presentation skills
- Ability to work quickly & manage time effectively
- Ability to work both independently & collaboratively within a team
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in a particular region or topic preferred
- Daily catered meal
- Stocked pantry with snacks & beverages
- Exclusive access to Dataminr mobile application
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.