Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Senior Manager to lead our Market Conduct Compliance team in our Tempe, Arizona office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
The Market Conduct Compliance team ensures that Oscar is audit-ready, meets its regulatory reporting obligations, & responds to regulatory enforcement actions.
In leading the Market Conduct Compliance team, your role will be to ensure that your colleagues across Oscar are aware of, accountable for, & submit the deliverables that our regulators expect of us. You will not create all deliverables from scratch; rather, you will develop & maintain the knowledge base necessary to keep other Oscar functions informed of their external audit & reporting obligations. This work is crucial to Oscars ongoing success across all states, & by extension to Oscars capacity to continue offering affordable, high-quality care for our members.
You will report directly to the Compliance Officer.
- Lead Oscars response to external audits & enforcement actions by developing & deploying reproducible tools, techniques, & templates including, for any onsite audit, leading mock interviews, presentations, & follow-up activities
- Develop a calendar, archive, & attestation system or other tools to ensure that departments are aware of their audit & reporting obligations, held accountable for production of validated deliverables, & kept informed on each audit or reports progress & status
- Coordinate & organize Oscar's interactions with those regulators that require periodic general touch-points
- Determine when a regulatory self-disclosure is warranted and, if so, work with the Legal team to make & follow up on such self-disclosure
- Establish protocols for relaying instances of identified noncompliance & any supporting detail to the Corporate Compliance team for remediation, & for relaying remedial activities to regulators
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years experience in health care compliance, regulatory affairs, government affairs, or a similar field
- Experience managing complicated projects, keeping track of details, & staging work to deliver projects on time
- Experience conducting or undergoing regulatory audits, ideally in the healthcare space
- Superior writing skills
- Masters Degree in a related field, or law degree (JD)
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC), Certified Professional Compliance Officer (CPCO), or similar
- Experience with HIPAA, data privacy, or data security processes
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.