The Sentry Story
Bad software is everywhere, & were tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding & 20,000 customers that believe were on to something, we're building performance & error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, & Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs & more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Team
At Sentry, our customers are software engineers just like us. Solving their problems is often complex & challenging, & may demand both a technical background & a solid knowledge of our product. Thats why everyone at Sentry contributes to support; answering issues & helping solve our customers problems. But were growing fast, & we need your help.
We're looking for someone with an engineering background who is passionate about engaging your customers & ensuring they have a great experience. You will be responsible for not only helping customers with their support issues, but also developing tools & technical documentation to streamline our support experience. You will drive success at Sentry by helping us reduce response times, help us scale our support needs, & ultimately make our customers happy.
You'll love this job if:
- You're resourceful & a natural tinkerer
- You're driven by the joy customers get from using your products
- You're eager to learn & expand your skill set with software & engineering fundamentals
- Become a Sentry product expert & a customer advocate
- Answer inbound Support requests about Sentry's product & SDK's
- Report & monitor product bugs escalated to engineering
- Manage the customer feedback process - including triaging requests & working with product to provide updates on the request status
- Contribute to team operational improvements & support knowledge base documentation & building macros to enable the rest of the team
- 2+ years of customer support, technical support, or related customer-facing role
- Experience writing & debugging code
- Experience with web APIs, Chrome Dev Tools & Git/GitHub
- Excellent written communication with ability to manage customer expectations
- Ability to manage competing priorities & deadlines with a sense of urgency
- Nice to have: Experience contributing to open source projects
- Excellent written & spoken English communication skills.
- Live in the Toronto, Ontario area or are willing to relocate.
- Have a valid work permit for Canada.
- Contribute to an open source product used by almost a million of your fellow developers & tens of thousands of companies.
- Be part of an experienced & renowned team that cares a lot about diversity, inclusivity, & quirkiness.
- Competitive salary & meaningful equity.
- Commuter subsidy.
- Flexible working schedule.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Healthcare, vision, & dental insurance.
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands)
- Relocation assistance.
Sentry values diversity & inclusivity in our company & is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.