Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Procurement Process & Systems Enablement Director to be a key leader driving Procurement process & systems efficiency managing cross-functional projects within the Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Org. The person in this role will have a deep understanding of the entire Source to Pay process (S2P), audit, controls, procurement policy & have deep technical & project management experience. This is a critical position to help transform Twilios Procurement & Strategic Sourcing partnering with teams like IT, Finance, Accounting, AP, & Legal to scale for the future within Twilios fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of project management & process improvement. They also have:
- 5+ years experience in consulting or procurement service delivery & PMP, MPM, BPM or other similar project management or business process improvement certifications; Procure to Pay, Finance or Accounting experience preferred.
- 5+ years experience managing P2P projects like; implementation of ERP & scaling P2P process efficiencies & driving automation for improving productivity, efficiency & systems automation where possible in P2P process.
- Core competencies include; Process Automation, Continuous implements & P2P Transformation. Knowledge of procurement policies, controls, & procedures. Tail spend management, strategic sourcing support, & Procurement operations.
- Comfortable with fast pace, competing priorities, being able to apply a set of tools or a framework to an ambiguous problem by identifying key metrics, mapping the process, performing root cause analysis. Successful managing efficiency & productivity metrics and.
- Lead & facilitate cross functional workshops enabling efficiency in S2P process, ERP & CLM roll out, & Procurement process improvements. Be the owner (as needed) for Procurement projects (incl. P2P process, Fast Buy, ERP & CLM Roll out).
- Pragmatic & collaborative, able to work independently to ensure execution & on time delivery of programs to achieve objectives in procurement efficiency taking into consideration upstream/downstream partner processes, systems, security standards & compliance requirements.
- Tech savvy leader who understands procurement & finance vendor landscape, tool capabilities/gaps & possible solutions. Knowledge of Netsuite, Coupa, & ERPs is strongly advantageous.
- Extremely organized & analytical, heavy on delivery, & data driven analysis.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with sound business acumen.
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate clearly & succinctly in writing, presentations & verbally to multiple levels within the organization. Ability to flex between the strategic & tactical as necessary.
- Bachelors degree in business, management, engineering, related discipline or equivalent experience required; advanced degree strongly preferred.
As a Procurement Enablement Systems & Processes Director you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Be a master of financial analysis & documentation including process documentation/mapping, clearly articulating root causes & pain points, writing down project schedules, deliverables, meeting notes, delegating & following up action items, etc.
- BE AN OWNER: When given an ambiguous problem to solve, you will lead your direct team & a cross-functional team to understand, analyze, & solve the problem
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Given the cross functional nature of the role, you will work collaboratively with others & will empower them to ensure productivity across the team. You will also empower your direct reports to own their projects & recurring work.
- NO SHENANIGANS: You play a key role as a neutral, third party in some situations where direct & honest communication is required & where data-driven solutions are paramount. You communicate clearly, honestly, & are not afraid to call out shenanigans.
The Strategic Sourcing & Procurement team is a small but impactful team within the CFO org & is key to driving process scaling & efficiency in Twilios rapid growth environment.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.