POWER THE PELOTON EXPERIENCE
As a member of Pelotons Product Engineering API team youll be powering every user experience across Bike, Tread, mobile, web, & TV in four different countries. We help users take live & on-demand classes, send each other high-fives, compete on the leaderboard, take part in challenges, discover new music, & much more. You will be leading a team of thoughtful engineers, running large projects, collaborating with team members on project scopes, setting milestones, driving solid execution, as well as identifying project risks & dependencies.
We are building an API that changes peoples lives, you can check out the Peloton members page & see what our users are up to: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pelotonmembers/
- Staff & manage a team of engineers responsible for developing & enhancing the product experience for our members
- Implement best practices in architectural design & mentor the team in these practices
- Solid understanding of a SOA, with deep knowledge & experience in designing & building services
- Motivate & drive a continuous performance based culture within the team. Provide management support for the team in the form of team meetings, 1:1s & other forums as needed to support the group & individual development objectives of team members
- Collaborate with cross functional team members from Design, Product, Program Management, Client teams & UX in order to deliver against quarterly & annual roadmap objectives including defining objectives & driving new architecture.
- Instill a culture of automation, re-use & engineering efficiency
- Identify cross-functional dependencies & remove blockers when needed across engineering, design, & product management
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality
- 8+ years of software development experience, with experience building complex backend systems working across a variety of client applications
- 3+ years of leadership experience in team leadership & technology management
- Passion for building a scalable backend architecture that supports a rapid growing user base
- Well proven understanding of system design, API design & database design
- Ability to evaluate & communicate different engineering solutions & trade-offs
- Experience with CI/CD & how to incorporate test automation into development flows
- Experience working with Agile methodology & delivery of quality software as part of an Agile team
- Ability to identify strengths & weaknesses of individuals in order to maximize team effectiveness; provide guidance to individuals when needed for coaching or mentoring
- Ability to mediate between competing product & technical priorities; align priorities & goals through collaboration with technical leads & product managers
- Effectively communicate between teams & within teams in order to drive alignment & increase effectiveness on delivery
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Experience with transitioning from a monolith to a SOA
- Experience with Python & Kotlin development
- Roll up your sleeves & take on development work
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Peloton believes in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. We put our users, members, & customers first & we obsess over every touch point of the member experience be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best & encourage all our associates to be Pelotons brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.