Company Description|Job Description
We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That's why we built the world's leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing & sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries & new products. We're working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We've raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, & SoftBank.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be able to work in a team environment & independently to develop, test & validate technologies for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing
- Think creatively & apply knowledge to design validation experiments & analyze data for NGS applications in oncology diagnostics
- Document product development requirements & validation results
- Be highly committed & deliver results in a fast-paced start-up environment
- 5-8 years of experience in genomics or molecular biology, preferably developing IVDs
- Experience with development under a FDA regulated environment (i.e. Design control)
- Experience optimizing & developing ddPCR assays for genomics applications
- Comprehensive knowledge of sample preparation & sequencing technologies
- Strong background in molecular biology
- Experience in development or optimization of nucleic acid technologies with a strong preference related to sequencing-based genomic assays, preferably in regulated environments.
- Deep technical knowledge of NGS library preparation, target enrichment, & rigorous product development practices
- Experience with bioinformatics analysis of NGS data
- Excellent interdisciplinary communication skills required
- Good organization skills, & detailed orientated
- Self-driven & strong team player with proven track record
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.