About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Communications Coordinator to join our Brand team. The Brand team's mission is to bring our missionto take care of food, so food can take care of youto life. We build equity & consistency for the brand, create community & advocacy, & enrich the customer experience across every single customer touchpoint & channel.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented Communications Coordinator who will help tell Daily Harvests story through quality earned media placements. This candidate must be a hustler who is excited to protect, promote & enhance the brands reputation through earned media, influencers, & internal communications.
This role will assist the Communications Director with a meticulous attention to detail, efficiency & passion for our mission. Ideal candidates will have had hands-on experience at a PR agency (internship and/or full-time).
What youll do:
- Facilitating consistent, quality media placements around launches, campaigns, brand news, partnerships, evergreen storytelling opportunities & cultural moments to generate a steady drumbeat of earned press coverage
- Tracking, clipping & reporting press coverage
- Building media lists & researching relevant outlets, reporters, & influencers - always staying on the pulse of new/interesting opportunities for Daily Harvest
- Writing press materials, crafting pitches & brainstorming creative storytelling ideas
- Developing & maintaining a network of media contacts, proactively attending (virtual) networking events or grabbing (socially distanced) coffee/drinks with new & existing contacts
- Facilitating media opportunities including: interview requests, briefing materials, media sampling, mailers, etc.
- Assisting with marketing + PR events including; logistics, coordination & staffing
- Performing other administrative duties as necessary
Who you are:
- Bachelors Degree
- 1 - 2 years of public relations and/or communications experience in either the lifestyle, food, health + wellness, or business space
- Excellent organizational skills & a meticulous attention to detail
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize your to-do list, be resourceful & complete responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to changing situations
- Outstanding oral, written, & interpersonal communication skills
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.