The TED Fellows program supports extraordinary, iconoclastic individuals at work on world-changing projects, providing them with access to the global TED platform & community, as well as new tools & resources to amplify their remarkable vision. We invest in human capital to create lasting impact. The TED platforms & events are a key part of fostering community & collaboration between TED Fellows, building a strong brand for the Fellows program, & providing a global platform to share the ideas of the internationally recognized Fellows community, which represents almost 500 game-changing individuals from 96+ countries.
The TED Fellows team is looking for an intern for winter/ spring 2020. An intern will help with day-to-day tasks in support of the Fellows team; social media assistance; logistics support; preparations for TED2020; & assist with outreach & the launch of the TED2021 Fellowship application.
- You must be able to work full-time in our downtown Manhattan offices Monday-Friday from January through May 2020.
- You must be fluent on a Mac
- You should be able to demonstrate Google Document virtuosity & Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Strong editorial skills & excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Experience with social media
- Capable of multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Able to execute tasks with minimal guidance
- Must be a team player & reliable
- Self-starting, self-motivated & ability to think on ones feet
- Radical hospitality is required
- Ability to stay positive, kind & professional in a fast-paced environment
- A deep knowledge & interest in cross-disciplinary topics, including science, the arts, technology & business
- Multi-lingual preferred but not required
- World travel experience preferred but not required
- Passionate about TED Fellows
- Assist with the TED Fellows social media accounts
- Help with the planning & execution of TED2020
- Assist the Fellows team with outreach & the application process for the TED2021 fellowship
- Support on logistics for Fellows events
- Help update & maintain the Fellows Community Website
- Organize & update our database of Fellows within our internal documents & on our website.
- Help manage the general TED Fellows inbox
- Other tasks as needed
How you should apply:
Write a cover letter telling us why you are right for this role. Send us your resume. Feel free to send us links to anything interesting about you online (no LinkedIn profiles please). Show us that you are bright, perceptive & insightful.
Note that due to the high volume of applications, only considered candidates will be notified. This is a full-time paid ($15/ hour) internship position based out of our New York City office. Only candidates applying within the greater New York City metro area will be considered; telecommuting is not possible.
TED Conferences is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite all qualified candidates to apply online & submit their resume & cover letter.