Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Mailchimp Design is a multi-disciplinary department comprised of content strategy, brand design, marketing design, product design, design operations, & service design. We work cross-functionally with just about every team from marketing to product to culture to deliver a unified customer experience & make things feel like Mailchimp.
Were looking for a creative Design Manager with a solid understanding of design & content processes, particularly on product teams at mid- to large-size organizations, to lead a team of content strategists. You love working with a diverse array of people, embracing CX & content challenges, cultivating transparency, & guiding content approaches. Youre highly collaborative & comfortable leading content critiques. If this sounds like you, & you'd like a chance to join the Mailchimp team, we'd love to hear from you.
What youll do here:
- You will take on direct reports & provide guidance, oversight, & mentorship to the team
- Set expectations, help promote a fun, highly collaborative team culture, & continue building the team as we grow
- Manage teams visibility, documentation, & process tools
- Partner with design, product, project, & engineering managers to coordinate & align priorities & work
- Work closely with content & design managers to advance patterns & standards, as well as finalize timelines & deliverables
- Work with the team to ensure exceptional UX & content deliverables
- Set & exceed best practices & standards, measurable impacts, & design integrity in the final product
- Motivate the team to create content that constantly pushes boundaries to keep Mailchimp at the forefront of content strategy & CX
- Oversee project timelines & deliverables, guide production pipeline, & communicate evolving project goals
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have 6+ years content strategy experience
- 3+ years experience managing content strategy teams, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Experience on teams strategizing for web products
- Bachelor degree in relevant field highly preferred or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, along with high degree of emotional intelligence
- Portfolio to illustrate applied experience as the creative process leader on projects
- Able to embrace change & hyper-growth with nimble ease in adapting
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), & generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to Covid-19? Click here: https://mailchi.mp/mailchimp/hiring-covid-19