mParticle is hiring a Head of Product Design to grow & lead a team of product designers charged with creating the best-in-class user experience in our emerging market of Customer Data Platforms.
This role requires a combination of design knowledge, both as an individual designer & as a thought-leader in design systems & processes to deliver well-crafted experiences in a timely & scalable manner, & technical knowledge to effectively deliver empathetic experiences to our broad user base of product manager, marketers, & engineers. You must be able to lead teams & initiatives & work cross-functionally to produce a best-in-class experience for our customers.
- Own the product design process from problem definition to design implementation & shape & communicate our design strategy & vision
- Deliver high-quality design artifacts including information architecture diagrams, flows, wireframes, comps, prototypes, & style guides for design systems that ultimately help teams make better decisions & execute faster
- Manage your time effectively, prioritizing between individual contribution, delegation, management/coaching, recruiting, process building & more to achieve both short- & long-term objectives
- Establish & lead product design practices & processes, both within the team & cross-functionally, necessary to deliver world-class user experiences. This includes user research, design sprints, critiques, quarterly planning, & communication with key internal & external stakeholders.
- Hire, train, mentor, & retain a high-performing team of product designers to execute the overarching product vision & strategy
- Build the right standards & lean processes to ensure that anything we build ships fast while meeting a consistently high bar for brand, design, & overall UX
- Guide products towards solutions that are unquestionably simple, intuitive, & just work for our users
- 10+ years of experience in the field of product design, with expertise in both user interface & user experience design, including at least 3 years in a design leadership role.
- Proven ability to abstract complexity through intuitive design.
- Fluency with design & prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision)
- Exceptional skills in the craft & execution of product design work, from high level strategic direction down to UI design details. A highly-attuned product sensibility.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills.
- Drive & lead multiple projects & priorities through to completion, while collaborating with other teams.
- Proven track record in performing well in a fast-paced environment where change is a constant & organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively.
- Combination of technical acumen coupled with the ability to communicate technical elements in a simple, effective manner.
Founded in 2013, mParticle is the leading customer data platform that unlocks the full power of data for businesses. The company empowers brands to accelerate their growth strategy to keep pace with their customers by providing the most advanced data platform for web & apps across all devices in the marketplace. A trusted partner among renowned brands such as NBC Universal, Spotify & Airbnb among many others, the mParticle platform has grown to manage over 1 billion mobile users each month, capturing over $5 billion in e-commerce transactions & processes over 250 billion API calls. Recognized as one of Crains 100 Best Places to Work three years in a row & named to Gartners Cool Vendors in Mobile App Development list, mParticle has 100+ employees & is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, Seattle, Florida, & London.