Validity is looking for a motivated Collections Coordinator to join our Boston-based finance team. The Collections Specialist is responsible for collection activities on a diverse portfolio of accounts as necessary to successfully resolve outstanding receivables. This position is also responsible for resolving customer billing issues. The ideal candidate must be creative, self-disciplined & capable of identifying & completing critical tasks independently & with a sense of urgency; highly committed to quality, customer service, teamwork & supporting company & department goals in a fast-paced high-volume environment. This position reports to the Collections & Billing Specialist.
- Collect, manage & provide resolution of outstanding invoices on past due accounts primarily through emails & phone calls.
- Review accounts daily utilizing weekly generated aging report to properly prioritize account management while maintaining accurate & complete account collection notes.
- Reduce delinquent dollars for assigned accounts; Collect Customer payments in accordance with payment due dates
- Respond to customer requests; providing backup documentation as needed to facilitate payments.
- Research account short payments, disputes, other discrepancies as needed.
- Effectively manage a high volume of outgoing & incoming phone calls & emails
- Make recommendations for account suspensions
- Work collaboratively within Finance, Support & Sales groups to resolve issues as they arise
- Cross-train to perform other related duties as needed to assist in the management of customer accounts, Billing & Collections
Experience / Qualifications
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years Collections experience in a professional environment, in the Collections field or in a related field with general knowledge of collections
- Experience with a large customer base in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively with others as well as independently; demonstrating initiative & ownership
- Strong communication, problem-solving & analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, & Outlook
- Salesforce & NetSuite experience a plus, but not required
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment