Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear & style, food, music, sneakers & sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, & content where it creates & distributes original programming for Gen Z & Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku & more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content & advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, & agency consulting services.
Business Area: Content
Job Category: Complex Design
Salary: 115000-130000 USD
Union Status: Non Union
BuzzFeed is committed to fair & equitable compensation practices. We reserve the ability to adjust the final compensation for this role based on the final candidate's experience, skillset, certifications, & geography.
Complex Networks is seeking an Associate Creative Director on the Complex Networks Core Brand Team. You will be responsible for supporting & creating Complex Networks visual identity across various media: Digital, Print, Experiential, Social & Marketing. The ACD will have a strong background in conceptual brand ideation & amplification, art direction, typography, creative ideation & strategy, supporting the Creative Director in ensuring visual identities are consistent across all touchpoints of the brands Complex, First We Feast, Pigeons & Planes & Sole Collector. Responsibilities include managing & nurturing the Core design team by providing clear feedback, direction & guidance on multiple projects.
- Support creative leadership in all aspects of Complex Networks brands, providing clear & decisive direction on matters of art direction, visual identity, taste, & tone
- Guide the creation of brand guidelines, including templates, & marketing materials for Complex Networkss audience-facing brands & IP
- Provide Design direction & design for special projects across a variety of platforms & media
- Organize & present creative work for internal & external review, taking extra care to ensure creative alignment of all parties
- Support the Creative Director in the smooth running of the Core Brand team, by providing clear feedback & direction to Art Directors & designers.
- Help to lead creative efforts by working in close collaboration with leading brand & cross-functional partners
- Support Creative Director lead initiatives across various media: Digital, Print, Experiential, Social, & Marketing
- Manage multiple projects, deliverables, timelines, & team objectives simultaneously
- Foster conceptual & professional development amongst team members, leading by example
- Develop & nurture team skill sets & capabilities, maintaining a rigorous creative process necessary for a high-functioning team
- Inspire enthusiasm & camaraderie within the team, contributing to an inclusive & supportive team culture
- Monitor quality of creative output across project milestones & deliverables, assessing risk & communication issues, problem-solving any that may arise
- Stay up-to-date with current design trends, techniques, & industry movements, disseminating information & inspiration within the team
- Identify & engage creative collaborators for contract, full-time, & freelance engagements when called upon