Squarespace is a design-centric company dedicated to empowering people to succeed with their creative ideas. We're looking for a thoughtful UX Content Strategist to take ownership of UX content across all of our Online Store & Transaction projects for our Commerce products, from labels, to error messages, to onboarding flows, & more. You feel at home within a design team, you're a strong writer & communicator, & you have a foundational understanding of Information Architecture, taxonomy, & conceptual hierarchy.
You'll be involved throughout the process for Commerce-related projects, alongside product designers, product managers, engineers, & more. You'll help develop, communicate, & implement our UX Content Standards. This is the perfect role for someone passionate about UX design & experienced in crafting content.
You will report to the UX Content Strategy Manager.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Write & maintain UX copy across all Squarespace products
- Work with product designers & other team members on wireframes & iterative click-through prototypes
- Create polished UX copy strings to other team members
- Build rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Partner with technical, brand, & marketing writers to connect in-app messaging with our overall voice
- Understand the capabilities & technical constraints of the systems with which you'll work on
- Advocate for content in product design beyond the written word
- Ask probing questions to & give/receive feedback in an iterative environment
- Find the shortest way to communicate an idea
- 3+ years of experience writing UX copy
- Deep awareness of UX & how content & design work together
- Passionate about consistency & details
- Ask probing questions to give & receive feedback in an iterative environment
- Excellent sounding board; comfortable pointing out when a design or experience could be better
- Comfort in pointing out when a design concept could be better & strategizing solutions
- Ability to work through ambiguity & competing projects
- Experience preparing source language for localization
- Experience using tools like Sketch, Figma, or similar
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your experience in the design process, writing different types of UX copy, & solving user problems through content.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.