About Managed by Q:
Managed by Q is the workplace management platform. We help the worlds leading companies build, design, staff, & manage their workplaces. By connecting office operations teams to dedicated workplace experts & top commercial service providers, Managed by Q enables companies to create inspiring offices & deliver a great workplace experience for their teams.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices & create an environment that inspires their teams best work. Empowering others & building diverse & inclusive teams are core to Managed by Qs mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, & enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, & Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the We Company, after successfully being acquired in 2019. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, & want to spread opportunity within your community, wed love to meet you.
About the role:
If youre looking for an opportunity of a lifetime Qs expansion team is looking for motivated, ambitious sales professionals to join the front lines of our team.
The Senior Expansion Sales Development Representatives are the lifeblood of our new market expansion growth effort. We are tasking the Expansion Sr. SDRs with the responsibility to hustle & figure out the best meeting-setting strategies as we seek to open up new markets. Expansion Sr. SDRs are responsible for prospecting, qualifying & driving new business into the top of the sales funnel in our new markets. You will be assigned to one specific new market & you will support that Market Launcher to get the market off the ground & growing FAST. You will also have coaching & support from sales management, marketing & the entire expansion team.
- You know that sales is strategic. Every conversation is different, you think dynamically & remain calm under pressure
- You believe the best process is derived through experimentation & iteration, & you are never satisfied. When you believe in the product you are selling, you are excited to share it with the world
- You believe in the mission of Q to make the world work better, & have limitless potential to grow within the organization
- You view challenges as opportunities & look forward to the challenge of bringing Q to new markets. Youre relentless & you know the only way to handle rejection is to try again
- Process lead lists down the lead funnel ensuring the most qualified leads hit sales
- Responsible for setting meetings as necessary for the Launcher
- Research prospects on LinkedIn & other relevant internal databases
- Collect disqualified leads sources & aggregate new ones for reporting
- Add prospects to marketing campaigns & contribute to our overall lead creation goals
- Travel to the expansion market approximately 1-2X per quarter to learn about the market & engage in on-the-ground prospecting & meeting-setting activities
- Cold calling & cold emailing prospects as necessary
- Previous experience as a Sales Development Representative
- Youre self-motivated & coachable: you dont need somebody to tell you to do your job, but you welcome feedback
- Sales isnt something youve fallen into, its something youre passionate about
- Youll never back down from a challenging conversation & you love to think on your feet
- Comfortable & competent having conversations via phone & email
- Eager to learn from experienced sales professionals & grow a career in tech sales
Perks & Benefits
In addition to offering world-class health benefits, 401(k) matching, parental leave, & highly competitive compensation, Managed by Q also offers a work culture of psychological safety, transparency, & continuous learning. We have an Employee Resource Group, which leads the charge on wellness & inclusion initiatives, & host an annual all-company Hack Day (not just for tech folks). Every other week, all 165 employees get together over catered lunch to build bridges between teams, & monthly, one of MbQ's people leaders hosts a workshop for managers focused on effective leadership. As the newest member of the We Company, Managed by Q looks forward to expanding our perks even further.