When we started in 2012, we set out to reinvent men's basics with underwear & socks as our starting point. Today, we are a full-fledged menswear brand that powers radically-efficient wardrobing. Rooted in smart design & performance fabrics, our products are engineered to work together through our pioneering Daily Wear System.
As we continue to expand our product offering & distribution beyond e-commerce, we are looking for passionate, proactive, strategic, & creative problem-solvers to join our rapidly growing team. If that sounds like you keep reading.
Mack Weldon is looking for a Production Manager to oversee the execution of all production to ensure that our established brand standards are being met. As a leader of this role, you will drive root cause investigations of any manufacturing defects, while also overseeing the testing & inspection execution of daily manufacturing. Our ideal candidate is a self motivated, logical thinker who is experienced in analytics & problem solving abilities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage processes to ensure that products meet the required specifications for quality, function & reliability based on the company's customer defined protocols & industry recognized standards.
- Maintain & input the data entry of all purchase order information in addition to logging the updates of delivery updates, fabric & garment testing & inspection tracking
- Communicate with labs as required to resolve any testing or inspection discrepancies.
- Manage the timing & execution of testing & inspection reports to ensure compliance with our standard requirements
- Drive resolution of manufacturing deviations, root cause investigations, impact assessments & corrective action/preventive actions within time allotted
- Evaluate all fit samples upon receipt, & highlighting discrepancies
- Oversee factory evaluation process, & make recommendations for further action
- Manage the maintenance of bulk BOM's through any changes that arise from initial development handoff.
- Create seasonal line sheets reflective of all product & costing updates.
- Manage the organization of all bulk submits & coordinate the handoff of merchandising production ready samples.
WHO YOU ARE
- 3-4 years or more of experience in apparel production & sourcing with overseas factories & agents
- Understanding of textile fibers, fabrics, & apparel properties.
- Possess thorough understanding of chemical/analytical testing, manufacturing processes, laboratory test methodology, ratings analysis as well as industry & consumer tolerances.
- Logical thinker, strong analytical, & prompt problem solving abilities
- Possess a high degree of ownership & integrity, attention to detail
- Strong ability to adapt to frequent changes & thrive in a fast-paced & deadline-driven work environment
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL
- Its all about the people. To us, diversity is a strength. We check our egos at the door & value all backgrounds & experiences. From our employees to our customers to our partnerswe build relationships that last.
- We give a sh*t. Every detail matters. We research, we test, we adjust. We take pride in everything we do by being thoughtful in our decision making & design process.
- We put our money where our mouth is. We work with ethical & humane partners, we act with integrity & trust, & we take ownership of our actions & mistakes.
- We build for the future. First, we listen; then we think, plan, & act for the long-term. We see problems as opportunities & take calculated risks to build a company that lasts.
- Full insurance benefits
- Open vacation policy
- Hybrid office model (in office M/T/Th)
- Great location in the heart of Nomad district
- Office snacks & drinks
- Thursday happy hours
- Free Mack Weldon gear
- Salary range of $90,000 - $120,000 *This range represents the low & high end of the anticipated base salary range for this NYC - based position. The base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience & qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, & balancing internal equity relative to other MW employees.