Applecart deploys proprietary technology to run marketing campaigns that leverage positive customer word-of-mouth on behalf of brands. Last year we closed a $6 million funding round, led by global sports & entertainment leader Endeavor (with Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel joining Applecarts board) & other prominent tech investors including Aspect Ventures, former Yelp SVP of Engineering Michael Stoppelman, & Infinite Computer Solutions founder Sanjay Govil.
Applecart is building a game-changing, direct-to-consumer, two-sided marketplace that will empower & compensate customers who refer their personal networks to brands & products that they genuinely love. We give brands the ability to tap into a new scalable & cost-effective customer acquisition channel: peer-to-peer referrals via the networks of their current, satisfied customers. Our marketplace helps great brands efficiently grow beyond traditional marketing channels to generate a high volume of sales via genuine & positive word-of-mouth from existing customers.
About the Role
Our goal is to provide the best platform possible for consumers who want to be compensated for the product referrals they already make to their friends & families. As a UI/UX Designer at Applecart, you will have the opportunity to help launch a consumer-facing app from the ground up. You will work closely with the product & tech teams in researching, designing & testing new features & screens for our mobile app. Your work will have a strong impact on business value, striving to deliver the best in-app experience for Android & iOS users.
What you will do:
- Work closely with users, as well as, product & tech colleagues to ensure the best possible user experience is delivered to iOS & Android users
- Design, deliver & iterate on wireframes, user journeys, & mockups optimized for a wide range of devices & interfaces
- Own UI & visual designs, while adhering to interface guidelines & common design patterns
- Gather feedback through user research & usability testing, including design of research goals as well as collating results for use in iterations
- Transform complicated business requirements & concepts into simple, intuitive user flows & screens
- 3+ years of software UI/UX design experience with a minimum of 2 years working on consumer-facing mobile products
- Experience designing native mobile interfaces for both iOS & Android
- Experience with the latest design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Figma, Photoshop, etc
- Strong intuition for usability & design patterns, while still willing to conduct user interviews & usability studies to incorporate user feedback
- Proven track record of an iterative design process, having worked closely with end-users, peers, product, & engineers to take ideas from inception to production
- Experience conducting user experience research & usability testing for consumer products
- Experience designing responsive web-based interfaces
- Familiarity with HTML, JS & CSS
- Experience designing & running A/B tests & using user analytics
- Available portfolio of previous UI/UX design work