Staff Technical Program Manager, Infrastructure Engineering (New York, NY OR Remote, US)
At Squarespace, we empower people with creative ideas to succeed. That means delivering beautiful software products to our customers. Technical Program Managers (TPMs) contribute to that mission by making shipping products easier & more predictable.
We are looking for a TPM to partner with our Infrastructure Engineering organization to help deliver projects that span both Infrastructure & the wider Engineering organization. The Infrastructure Engineering teams ensure that customers around the world can access Squarespace sites quickly & reliably. They partner with the product teams to maintain the reliability of our system, using a fleet of microservices, Kubernetes operators & our hybrid data centers to achieve outstanding results.
As an Infrastructure TPM, you will work with teams within & outside of Infrastructure & Dev Tooling to implement changes that make Squarespace more reliable, scalable, & secure. You will help the Infrastructure organization plan, track, & deliver large-scale, cross-org projects promptly. Example projects include:
- Creating a new, more reliable testing environment to improve the way we develop & test our code before production, & lay the groundwork for our long-term QA strategy.
- Efforts to improve infrastructure services to increase the speed, consistency & quality of deploying code to production environments, i.e. getting our average merge to prod under X minutes across all pipelines, with a variance between pipelines under 40%.
- Partnership with Security teams for various efforts to protect our product, infrastructure, & networks
This role is for an individual contributor & reports to the Infrastructure & Security TPM Manager in our New York City headquarters.
You'll Get To
- Lead planning & delivery of cross-functional projects by partnering with engineers, team leads, managers, & other team members across the company to scope, plan, track, & deliver high-priority Infrastructure projects
- Track & reduce impediments to teams' delivery success (e.g. risks, blockers, dependencies).
- Be the point of contact for project communication regarding status, schedule, & scope updates, & progress towards target outcomes (i.e. key results)
- Help teams improve planning & delivery processes of technical projects
Who We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience delivering cross-functional projects of increasing complexity & scale
- Experience with scalable infrastructure & technical architecture at previous companies, picking up technical concepts quickly, & building strong relationships across Engineering
- Experience owning multiple concurrent projects from beginning to end.
- Expertise in project management tools, such as Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence), & G-Suite
- Commitment to promoting a culture of inclusion, collaboration, & trust
In your first three months, you will
- Get to know Infrastructure teams & technology through 1:1s, attending meetings & councils, & reading technical documentation
- Begin managing one to two cross-org Infrastructure projects, escalating blockers & risks to project delivery
- Establish a pace for project updates & communication with your project team & partners
- Understand interaction points between Infrastructure teams & other teams in the Squarespace Engineering organization
- Build a comfortable relationship with leadership members of your teams
- Begin drafting your career development plan with your manager
- Begin contributing to Squarespace culture in ways meaningful to you, e.g. Employee Resource Groups, planning or attending team events, etc.
Working as a TPM at Squarespace
TPMs at Squarespace work collaboratively, are candid yet kind, & leave their egos at the door. We treat processes & tools not as ends, but as means to reach business goals & empower our customers. We lift each other up & provide equal opportunities for growth.
TPMs at Squarespace also have the option to contribute to Squarespace culture in ways meaningful to them; for example, joining or leading Employee Resource Groups, planning or attending team events, & joining game nights.
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Cash Compensation Range: $123,000 - $267,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, & location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal (coming soon!) & coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, & Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.