At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 9 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes & fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged & empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses & are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory & expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country & have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers & turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values & forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic & highly motivated team & work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact & make a difference every single day, then join us!
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building & nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills & experience, & strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, & People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender & sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer & is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.
About the Role
We are looking for a New Ingredient Development (NID) Specialist who will join our team on a 9 month contract. Reporting to the Director of Culinary you will have the opportunity to work with a supportive team of data-driven creatives, building meaningful food experiences for thousands of Canadians weekly!
- Work closely with the HFCP Product & Procurement Teams to support both new & existing ingredient development
- Collaborate with the Product & Procurement Teams on end-to-end projects ranging from; net new product offerings, cost-savings initiatives & in-market performance
- Manage multiple cross- functional stakeholder relationships through a collaborative, data-led approach
- Maintain existing SKU Validation inbounding processes & tools with a view to improve process gaps as identified
- Define which type of evaluation is best suited in assessing a skus suitability to the product offering
- Create quantitative/qualitative surveys for SKU sensory tests & maintain delivery/testing schedule for the Tasting Panel
- Analyze survey feedback & share the results with all relevant stakeholders
- Embrace the HelloFresh DNA & apply these core principles into your daily work to positively impact your team & organization at large
At a minimum, you have:
- Undergraduate or Culinary Degree or equivalent commercial food industry experience
- Background in recipe development, CPG product development, or professional kitchens
- Background in Food Science is a plus
- Data driven in all that you do
- Comfort in working with databases (including data entry) & learning proprietary software
- Proactive, ambitious, & confident: you take ownership of your work & think beyond the scope of a given assignment
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change & limited direction
- Comfortable making quick decisions with far-reaching consequences
- You are committed to the growth of your team, product & greater org
Why you'll love it here:
- 75% discount on HelloFresh & Chefs Plate meal kits
- A work-from-home allowance & flexibility to work remotely (within Canada) up to four weeks per year - learn more about our flexible Hybrid Work Approach below!
- We trust & support you - take ownership of your work & push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression & provide learning & development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Youll work with fun, energetic, & supportive teams.
- Weve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday & milestone celebrations, youll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
Hybrid Work Approach
At HelloFresh, we know that flexible work arrangements are essential in enabling you to do your best work, while balancing your personal & life needs. Offering remote work flexibility for our employees is a core part of creating a great employee experience. We are also mindful that many employees thrive on in-person interactions & collaboration opportunities at the office (e.g. new joiners, team building, social events, experiencing our product).
To meet those needs, we are pleased to provide a Hybrid Work Approach, which enables employees to work from home up to 50% of the time, & also work remotely (within Canada) up to four weeks per year. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our HQ employees are primarily working remotely from home & we have the office open & available on a voluntary basis for employees who wish to work from there. Pending public health guidelines, we expect to return to the office using our Hybrid Work Approach. Employees will receive a minimum of one months notice of our Hybrid Work Approach taking effect & when employees will be expected to start work from the office.
When we return to the office, youll love:
- Our bright & functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto (110 Spadina Avenue)
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge, decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, & a ping pong table!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully-stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy & not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, & more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
The health & safety of all staff members at HelloFresh is our top priority. As such, we are committed to taking every reasonable precaution to protect the health & well-being of our employees against the risks of COVID-19.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is proven to be a safe & effective tool in protecting our health & our communities. In support of this, we have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requiring all staff members to be fully vaccinated in order to access the office or to attend a HelloFresh sanctioned event located outside of the office.