Squarespace Marketing Analytics is seeking a highly motivated Senior Marketing Insights Analyst to join the Marketing Analytics team. You will have the opportunity to play a key role in shaping Marketing strategy & uncovering opportunities for growth through analytics-driven recommendations & informed decision making. The scale & scope of our marketing activities (from award-winning ad campaigns to multi-product CRM efforts to international partnerships) means you will attack complex, interesting, & impactful questions.
In this role, youll serve as a central resource with ownership of multiple project lanes & partner cross-functionally across the business to support marketing initiatives & growth goals across & within priority markets, report on performance, determine measurement approaches, generate actionable insights, & set analytical strategy for new challenges. Your work will dive deep into both business trends & customer behavior to better understand Squarespace customers lifecycle across all our product offerings, identify drivers & surface opportunities to grow our business. Projects could range from deep diving into the subscription funnel for a priority market to uncover marketing & product optimization opportunities, to developing new proxy metrics to better understand prospect engagement, to identifying moments in customer journey for upsell opportunities.
You will also collaborate closely with our Data Science, Analytics Engineering, FP&A, & Product teams to identify cross-organizational opportunities & provide recommendations that directly impact our business across the company. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit & are excited to support a diverse set of strategic initiatives with the common goal of growing & engaging our user base, then this role is right for you.
This role reports into the Team Lead, Marketing Analytics & is based in New York or an approved remote US location.
Youll Get To
- Define, own & track business performance metrics across our key markets in the US & internationally; monitor both past & current trends & investigate outlier performance to surface observations & insights with business stakeholders to understand the health of the business & drivers.
- Perform deep dive & exploratory analyses on large volumes of data; extract, package & present insights & recommendations to stakeholders to inform marketing decisions
- Own & expand existing dashboards & reporting, democratize data access that empowers teams to better understand & act on data & key metrics
- Proactively identify problems & opportunities through quantitative & qualitative data analysis & help support the teams in developing strategic solutions
Who Were Looking For
- 3+ years experience in a Marketing Analytics, Business Analytics, Data Science or relevant data-driven support role
- Mastery of SQL, experience working in databases (dimensional & relational), experience with Python a plus
- Experience with BI reporting tools, i.e. Looker, Tableau
- Strong communication & presentation skills to synthesize analytics output & recommendations into cohesive & digestible stories
- Comfortable tackling open-ended questions; has the ability to be a self-starter & propose ideas & solutions to meet an end goal
- Experience developing analytical frameworks & metrics to measure ongoing business performance & understand key performance drivers
- Ability to transform data into a digestible & presentable story tailored to a given audience; confidence & expertise in communicating effectively with a wide-range of audiences
- Knowledge of digital media metrics & strategies a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is the all-in-one platform with everything to sell anything, providing customers in approximately 200 countries & territories with all the tools they need to sell physical products, digital content, classes, appointments, reservations & more. Powered by best-in-class design for a consistent brand experience across all touchpoints, our suite of fully integrated products enables anyone to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California, & Chicago, Illinois.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.