Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about solving technical problems & enabling customers along with extensive experience working with Linux & open-source environments. Someone who has a strong desire to support our customers with an emphasis on fixing it once for all.
We are looking for aDeveloper Support Engineer to connect customers from around the world with resources that enable them to fully utilize the DigitalOcean platform & advocate for their needs. This person will ensure our customers get the most out of their cloud experience & a deeper level of technical knowledge.
This is a challenging & rewarding role that enables you to exhibit your deep technical experience in a customer-centric environment. As a small team of about 25, we support 500,000+ customers who utilize 10+ data centers & 10,000+ hypervisors every day. This requires creative problem-solving techniques, deep technical knowledge for Linux, & empathy for users who are facing technical challenges. Ultimately, you will be a trusted partner to our customers who will rely on you to provide timely & accurate solutions to their technical problems.
Our support is a critical component of our service & offering. Our mission is directed towards enhancing our products & not limited to providing resolution for our customers. We believe in customer empowerment & self-enablement; hence this opportunity brings out your best to expand our knowledge base & provide a great experience to our customers. We achieve this by segregating our support into four major verticals - Compute, Network, Storage & Developer Experience. As the voice of the customer, you have the opportunity to influence product decisions while helping to build the next great cloud company!This role will be focused on providing an exceptional support experience for users who are utilizing our platform.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Responding to a high volume of technical tickets generated by our customers
- Troubleshooting Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS), Apache, Nginx, MySQL, Rails/Unicorn, & PHP
- Working both collaboratively & independently within a team setting as well as with other engineering teams (we love Slack!)
- Identifying, communicating, & documenting process improvement suggestions
- Running incident management & escalations
- Completing projects that contribute to CSAT
What Well Expect From You:
- Successful track record in providing world-class Customer Support to tech-savvy customers
- Unrivaled passion for being a customer advocate & for technology
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strongly identify with our brand & team culture
- Background with relevant technology, Linux systems, & similar environments
- Strong analytical skills & pattern recognition
- Programming/Scripting (Ruby, Python, Go, Bash, PHP)
- Source Code Management (Git)
- Automation (Chef, Puppet)
- Virtualization (KVM, Xen)
- Open Source (CoreOS, Docker, Vagrant)
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people.We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development.We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you.We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future.We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work.We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge, & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity.We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Customer Support
Want to learn more about our Customer Support team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!