Group Nine is home to the leading digital-first brands in the world (Thrillist, Seeker, NowThis, The Dodo), & we are seeking a curious, motivated, Coordinator to join our rapidly-growing Commerce business. The Commerce department at Group Nine oversees all aspects of our experiential, licensing & merchandising, direct to consumer, & affiliate content businesses. Our task is to deliver the best products & experiences to our audience. The Coordinator will report into the Commerce leadership team & contribute valuable insight & work product across all core Commerce businesses, with an emphasis on our growing events & experiential business.
- Assist in the organization & execution of Commerce projects with research, modeling, planning, & execution of assigned tasks.
- Prepare internal & external correspondence & presentations (in PowerPoint & Keynote)
- Coordinate multiple assignments & projects, assisting with administrative & operational responsibilities of the department as needed
- Actively monitor budgets & projections, comparing execution with forecasts
- Coordinate communication & resources across all Group Nine departments in order to support execution of large, multi-department projects
- Support the ideation, planning, & ongoing execution of new events franchises across all the Group Nine brands
- Identify & pursue untapped areas of opportunity, pitching novel concepts & strategy to team leadership
- Requires a Bachelors Degree or equivalent in education & experience
- Experience organizing large-scale events or brand experiences
- Experience working & thriving in a fast-paced environment while executing multiple projects & deadlines
- Exceptional assessment & organizational skills; attention to detail & excellent follow-through
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; Keynote experience necessary
- Team player with flexibility to accommodate different personalities & work styles as well as confidence to manage interactions & expectations at all levels of the organization
- An interest in digital media, & the evolving intersection between content & commerce; novel ideas on how popular brands can best engage with their audiences
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, & federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity & inclusivity. Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, & tea. Who needs anything else?
About Group Nine
Group Nine reaches more people on mobile than any publisher in the U.S. Our mission is to tell great stories that spark action & make a real difference. With nearly 45M Americans engaging with our content every day [source: Nielsen Digital Content Ratings, January 2019], Group Nine's brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans ages 18-34 every month [source: Nielsen, December 2018]. Audiences spend nearly 3 billion minutes a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; Thrillist, the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. In 2017, Group Nine acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion & Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.