Walmart,in an effort toensure the number 1 spot in retail & eCommerce, has & continues to make a commitment to innovation. We do this in two ways; through incubation & acquisitionofnew & innovative technology companies, addingnew brands to our familyeach & everyyear. The goal here is to allow these brands to grow organically with the backing of the worlds largest retailer, to live by our motto of "Save Money, Live better. We are currently supporting brands including Bonobos,Jetblack, IRL, Franklin, Hayneedle, Art.com, Spatial&, Jet.com & many more. Weare located inNew York, the San Francisco Bay Area, Boston, Omaha, Los Angeles & Hoboken.
Heres some inside info from business insider on Walmart Brands:
What You'll Do
We need engineers to help us build one of the best engineered e-commerce platforms in the world (big talk we know, but that is our goal!). Our engineers combine creativity, curiosity, & drive to continuously perfect & revolutionize Walmart & our family of brands from the inside out. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious engineers who are passionate about technology in general.
You will be workingwith technical leads, engineers, designers, business analysts & operations teams to develop dynamic client-side web applications across most areas of our business working on prototyping & developing new ideas & participate in all parts of the lifecycle from research to release.
- Will owndeliverablesfor our web apps & front end
- Is a self-starter with a can do attitude who can take ownership of projects & drive them tocompletion.
- Isdetail & results oriented with excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Has some familiarity with current development tools such as Jenkins,Git, bower, gems,npmandbundles.
- Hasinterest in start-up environments, & the desire to be a part of the next big thing
- 4+ years of applicable industry experience
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Software Eng., Mathematics, or related field is preferred.