Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Risk Consulting Director SSA - Sub Sahara Africa (based in Johannesburg)
The Risk Consulting Director serves as key partner & lead on VISA consulting Risk Management engagements. The position is fundamental to further develop & scale the Risk practice within Visa Consulting & Analytic. The core focus of this role will be leading engagements & setup best practice in the area of credit, payment system & fraud risk management.
- Identify opportunity for Risk Consulting engagements with VISA Sub-Sahara Africa (SSA) clients & execute, deliver on those. Primarily focus of engagement will be areas of payment, fraud & authorization risk, credit risk, as well as acquiring risk. Consulting engagements include, but are not limited to, end-to-end risk management reviews, relevant deployment of risk-related solutions (leveraging network & client data) for both issuers & acquirers.
- Acting as subject matter expert, she/he will provide deep domain expertise, acting as the quality partner to provide advice & support to clients across Sub-Sahara Africa. The incumbent will have significant hands-on experience of implementing risk best practices for both issuers & acquirers, leveraging client & network data, across all relevant payment products & channels.
Self-driven & result oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects, focusing on delivery optimal solution to clients, adding tangible value to the client & VISA. Able to independently execute on an end to end consulting project from engaging the client, identify & define the optimal solution, & coordinate, execute delivery.
- Inclusive leadership, team player. Engagements may require to bring different teams together to better serve client needs; the incumbent is expected to unlock the potential coming from diverse teams' cooperation. Program management, ability to lead discrete pieces of work, creating virtual teams, planning, & driving forward activity, managing stakeholders & taking full accountability for engagement results.
- Developing trusted advisor relationships with client senior executives through impactful risk consulting engagements.
- Enable revenue from risk consulting services offered to issuing & acquiring clients to support both the global, CEMEA & SSA Visa Consulting growth strategy.
- Managing simultaneous risk consulting engagement teams (across credit, fraud, authorizations & acquiring risk) including initial client sales, problem disaggregation & planning, & quality assurance of final deliverable.
- Proactively engage with clients & Visa client leadership in regular strategic & planning discussions; cultivate & manage a pipeline of risk work with clients.
- Collaborate with peers in other functional areas (e.g. analytics, product, client support services & innovation) & across global/regional teams in project delivery.
- Produce insights & analyses to improve client performance, drive understanding of client issues & provide strategic guidance for client priorities across the payment P&L
- Market/Region knowledge is critical in the Sub-Sahara Africa markets
Understanding of critical factors in driving profitability & growth for Visa's issuer, acquirer & merchant clients.
Strong problem solving ability with strategic focus on impacting client ROI via enhanced risk management practices.
Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor.
Highly motivated & ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy & demanding team-oriented environment (both with clients & within the organization)
Excellent communication & presentation skills, both written & verbal, & ability to communicate at all levels within large organizations.
Demonstrated managerial & collaboration capabilities.
Ability to identify key strategic issues & to generate & deliver creative & innovative solutions to problems & opportunities. Understanding & implementing the use of Open Banking / Open APIs
Ability to influence & negotiate with senior executives
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
- Passion for committed execution & continuous learning.
- Minimum of 10+ years Retail banking experience & exposure - ideal candidate should have spent time in Risk Management & Portfolio Management work & projects.
- Consistent record of accomplishment in consulting, broad industry acumen & domain knowledge of the Risk industry.
- Experience in defining & implementing comprehensive risk & compliance governance frameworks. Model risk & compliance management processes aligned with regulatory constraints. Comfort with working on ambiguous problems with incomplete data.
- Should include roles with P&L responsibility for consulting projects, preferably with a combination of regional & global experience strongly desired.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. MBA or Masters degree preferred.
- Knowledge of risk management systems, including decision engines, fraud mitigation tools & scoring methodologies.
- Subject matter expertise in relevant payment & risk frameworks/legislation/best practices, including PCI, GARS & Basel guidelines
- Previous experience of large scale transactional services ideally processing payments.
- Versed in analytical software & Microsoft programs.
Excellent communication, story-telling & presentation skills.
Strong teamwork & collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with inter-disciplinary groups.
Able to travel frequently & work on client site for extended periods across Sub-Sahara Africa.
Fluency in English mandatory. Additional languages (eg. French) desired.