Search & Recommendations is a small cross-functional team that connects Vimeos diverse user base with the diverse toolset that Vimeo offers. We own experiences like sitesearch, where millions of users go every month to get inspired, & we also power newer experiences like For Hire & Vimeos new profile page. Were looking for a Front-End Engineer who can help our data-driven team delight our customers with inspiring & engaging experiences that allow creators to unlock the full potential of Vimeo.
What youll do:
- Own the frontend code from architecture to implementation
- Work with the team & Product Manager to design high level wireframes
- Spec out UIs which create a cohesive product vision designed to meet the individual information needs of each of our user segments
- Ensure our team is using the best & most appropriate UX technologies for the job
- Work with mobile engineers to ensure the teams vision is realized across platforms
- Learn & teach within community of other UX Engineers working on neighboring cross-functional teams within the data organization
Skill & knowledge you should possess:
- A strong eye for product design & experience using one or more of the following technologies: InVision, Zeplin, Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Sketch
- An understanding of basic performance optimization for web applications
- A proven track record of 2+ years developing functional & performant applications
- Experience developing against RESTful APIs
- Big-picture thinking: understand how individual parts fit into the whole, & problem-solve for scale & efficiency
- Ability to communicate your ideas & integrate a diverse set of opinions in order to arrive at an optimal solution
- Thoughtfulness around making your UIs accessible
- Experience working on the server side when necessary (PHP, Python, Java, Go, NodeJs, etc.)
- Experience working with Search UIs (not required)
Vimeo is the world's only all-in-one video solution. Our software enables any professional, team, & organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate & communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world's largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse & global community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, & strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs