Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, weve:
- Helpedmore than 10,000 familiesget home
- Financed over$3Bin loans
- Saved families an average of$32,000in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to37states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And were not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, & others have invested over $150MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Processing Expert to join our team. This person will be responsible for conducting detailed credit analysis of loan applications & managing the collection of all required loan documentation to obtain final credit approval. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized communicator capable of making sound decisions while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment.
Beyond producing high quality loans, our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America. With offices in Costa Mesa, Charlotte, San Francisco & Gurgaon, we are quickly expanding in order deliver a delightful borrower experience through a combination of technology & people.
In joining our team, you will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team & you will play a critical role in delivering on the Better mission.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform thorough analysis of applicant's income & expense data, self-employment documentation, credit reports, & property valuations in order to affirm borrower qualifies for loan
- Verify & analyze all necessary financial information & documentation; ensure that loan files contain all necessary credit & legal documents to satisfy underwriting conditions
- Calculate qualifying ratios, determine creditworthiness
- Proactively manage a pipelinein a timely, accurately, & efficiently manner.
- Request & manage organization of borrower loan documentation
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams in Operations (title, valuations, underwriting, closing) to close loans
- Strong communication, organization, & time management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot & solve problems independently
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience processing (or underwriting) FNMA, FHLMC, FHA & Jumbo mortgagespreferred, but not required
- Knowledge of agency conventional underwriting product guidelines & familiarity with Desktop Underwriter (DU) preferred, but not required
Things we value:
- Curiosity.Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness.Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness.No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion.If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street.We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion.You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication.Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building.Doing. Making.Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.