At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
FP&A is an integral part of the decision-making process at Lyft, embedded within the business to ensure we maximize ROI & drive to the best possible P&L outcomes. Lyfts FP&A team is looking for a strong Financial Analyst to join our Transit, Bikes & Scooters (TBS) team to manage forecasting, reporting & analysis for capital expenditures & spare parts procurement.
The ideal candidate should have solid analytical, communication, time management skills, be team-oriented & have a strong work ethic. This role will work cross-functionally across FP&A (Consolidations, FP&A Systems, etc.) & with TBS business partners on global supply chain & central & local operations to develop & manage forecasts & financial analytics with a focus on enhancing financial visibility & insights into the business. It is a unique opportunity to make a real impact at one of the most exciting companies in the tech world.
- Be the voice of finance in the operations capital & spares planning processes, ensuring that we prioritize the highest ROI projects & deliver our assets in the most cost effective manner
- Drive Line of Business financial management reporting, ensuring quality & accuracy coupled with key insights for presentation to senior leadership
- Manage the recurring Line of Business financial forecast in collaboration with Internal FP&A teams & develop Executive reporting on both a GAAP & Non-GAAP reporting basis with thorough understanding of financial line items
- Gain a deep understanding of Line of Business financial infrastructure & gain ability to accurately reflect product initiatives onto P&L from top to bottom
- Deeply partner with Consolidations to provide relevant financial insights into Line of Business financials & ensure proper hand off & alignment
- Partner with FP&A Analytics & Systems teams to ensure accuracy from our financial infrastructure, build dashboards (Tableau/Anaplan/Mode, etc.) to gain intelligent insights & build turnkey solutions to integrate various inputs to enhance overall fidelity into line of business reporting for Close/Forecast/Budget cycles
- Collaborate with internal FP&A team members & business partners to provide ad hoc business analysis
- Set & manage timelines to help facilitate communication of deliverables
- Seek out opportunities to create new processes & optimize for efficiencies
- BA/BS with 3+ years of experience in financial planning & analytics in a rigorous environment (public company experience preferred)
- Experience managing capital planning processes or partnering with supply chain & procurement teams is strongly preferred
- Expert in Systems. Experience getting hands dirty, getting down to the nitty gritty details & manipulating large data sets
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills with a knack for process improvements
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced, team-based environment with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented & highly organized self-starter with a drive to dig into complex problems
- Working knowledge of Accounting principles
- Ability to work well under pressure & manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.