Who are We?
Intersection is an experience-driven Out of Home media & technology company that delivers programming, consumer amenities, & advertising to cities. From free internet access to wayfinding to real-time information, our products make city life easier & more sustainable. We further enrich cities with experiential programming that inspires & engages people throughout their day. With valuable, diverse audiences in Americas top cities, we provide innovative, data-driven solutions for brands to reach urbanites at scale.
Intersection elevates the experience in cities, with a passion for enriching daily life for all the people that live in them.
What is the role?
As a Software Engineer at Intersection, you will work with a team of talented engineers developing systems that support key revenue initiatives. You will code new features, implement runtime improvements, & squash bugs in the AdTech suite of services. The kinds of services & problem spaces you will be working on that relate to revenue are playlist generation, impression measurement, programmatic ad integrations, & digital inventory management. The role is on a small, driven, tech-centric engineering team tackling a lot of cutting edge innovative initiatives in the out of home advertising space.
Your First 30 Days:
- Learn & understand Intersections corporate, departmental, & team goals
- Collaborate with the team to gain a clear understanding of the AdTech teams products & services
- Gain an understanding of & contribute to the current codebase
- Get acquainted & collaborate with the engineering team
- Participate in stand-up, backlog grooming, & sprint planning meetings
Your First 60 days:
- Gain a good understanding of the wider AdTech landscape
- Iteratively design, build, & release new features for new partner integrations
- Conduct code reviews & quality assurance tests on teammates contributions
- Work collaboratively with other engineering teams on cross functional projects
Your First 90 Days:
- Work with product, design, & business partners & plan future enhancements
- Collaborate with the team on architectural choices.
- Develop a deeper understanding of the business environment & strategy.
- Adopt and/or develop tools for testing, deployment & automation
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related fields
- 1-2 years Experience building large-scale software systems
- Experience with Python3
- Experience using AWS tools & services
- Experience efficiently collaborating with highly-engaged, high-performing teams
- Proven track record of building & operating successful products & platforms
- Strong capabilities of observation, analysis, synthesis
- Communicates effectively across groups, locations & cultures, in-person & virtually.
About our Platform:
At Intersection we celebrate every voice that makes us unique & every perspective that makes us grow. Its our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products & offerings impact cities across the world & its our goal to represent the diversity & differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, domestic partnership status, civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrrier status, military status/service, veteran status, mental or physical disability, & all other legally protected characteristics.