Working as part of the global communications team, Shutterstocks Communications Associate will be responsible for finding & creating newsworthy stories, generating ideas in support of our business objectives, as well as developing media plans & helping execute on our communications strategy. They will perform media outreach to support announcements & help deliver a range of business messages to the appropriate audiences. They will collaborate with our content marketing & social media teams to coordinate communications announcements across Shutterstocks social properties.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identify & develop newsworthy stories around the company that supports our long-term communications goals.
- Proactively develop publicity opportunities relating to trends, industry & technological news, advancing the creative community, partnerships & leadership stories.
- Actively pitch reporters & develop relationships with media, as appropriate.
- Research & draft press materials including briefings, releases, alerts, pitches, plans, award submissions, talk proposals & media lists.
- Pursue reporter queries, in a timely fashion.
- Actively track & report company news mentions as well as competitive monitoring
- Manage & enhance the development & maintenance of department processes & procedures.
- Work with other team members & outside consultants in a goal-oriented manner.
- Work with events, social & marketing teams on trade show attendance, sponsorship opportunities, engagement tactics & external communications.
- Assist with managing blogger partners & speaking bureau.
- 1 - 3 years relevant agency PR or journalism experience.
- Passion for results & sense of urgency to accomplish goals.
- Must be willing/able to travel 10-20% of the time.
- BA degree in a related field marketing, creative, communications or journalism.
- Experience with public speaking & presenting.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline & results-driven environment.
- A willingness to embrace change & adapt strategies on the fly.
- Exceptional organizational, project management & creative problem-solving skills.
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 260 million images & more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; & Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter & on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V