Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Digital & Developer Platform (DDP) is seeking Director of Release Engineering to lead a team of software & systems engineers to deliverand establish top notch engineering practices, SCM practices, deployment methodologies, automation, tools tosupport overall productivity & developer efficiencies. Provide strategy & technical leadership to the product developmentorganizations across Digital & Developer Platformto ensure engineering teams are building products that use foundational approach & think availability first.
You will be responsible for nurturing & developing top engineering talent, keeping the team highly engaged & motivated. Your ability to work across functions & teams will allow you to ensure alignment of priorities & goals, driving for results & fostering the right culture & the right environment to achieve Engineering Excellence & Innovation.
In this role, you are expected to:
Provide leadership & technical guidance within DDP/ Engineering Excellence & Release Engineering on tools development, automation, system stability, availability & overall release strategies & plans
Develop technology strategies & road maps to meet business objectives with availability, by collaborating with Development, Operations, & other Visa's organizations.
Own system technical design discussions with globaltechnical teams to ensure business & technical requirements are understood & properly documented & implemented, includingunderstanding customer scenarios
Keep executive management informed of progress & any obstacles of tools development (CI/CD, Monitoring, Auto Deployments, etc.), Feature & Infra Releases & risks to DDP & to its customers.
Apply creative thinking/approach to determine best local based solutions that further support developer efficiency goals.
Partner with product development & application architecture teams to drive the evolution of availability,across VMs & Containers.
Establish clear, aligned goals & direction; provide candid feedback & coaching to maximize team competency, support career management & development of direct reports
Achieve Operational/Engineering Excellence: availability, stability, efficiency,think availability first mindset with product development.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced technology leader with a proven record of accomplishment in software development, systems engineering with concentration on Engineering Excellence & Release Engineering Tool Development & DevOps. S/he will have experience in tool development, architecture, complex application systems that meet high velocity & customer demand. S/he also needs to have leadership experience to bring engineering excellence, agility & the ability to build a powerful engineering organization. Candidate must have demonstrated success in organizational transformations along dimensions such as deep partnerships & collaboration with development, fostering a culture that encourages customer centricity, innovation & release quality. The successful candidate will balance proactive strategic thinking with flawless execution & delivery creating an environment where accountability is expected & valued.
Required Key Competencies:
- Technical & Functional Excellence: The candidate will have demonstrated aptitude/capability to manage the operational & release engineering excellence functionswith direct experience leading a global organization. The candidate will possess a deep technical understanding of current & future trends within the release engineering & DEVOPS function & be capable of developing & executing a strategy that leverages new technology to support system stability & availability. S/he should be an expert at designing, developing, & deploying scalable software solutions to deliver exceptional quality to clients.
- Thought Leadership: S/he will be a recognized domain expert in key areas such as system availability andoverall tool development. In addition, s/he should be an expert with regard to emerging technology trends, innovations, & developments related to mobile applications & digital technologies. S/he understands quality success measures.
- Team Leadership: The candidate will recruit, lead, mentor, & develop an excellent engineering technology team, providing opportunities for growth to ensure continuity of the department's leadership. The ideal candidate will develop a culture comfortable with challenging current market paradigms to achieve & exceed goals. The candidate will help build best-in-class capabilities at Visa
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 12+ years' experience of software development, systems engineering, operations leadership, & or support; at least three of which are in senior management roles. Digital, mobile, & payments product development experience strongly preferred
- Hands-on experiencewith tools development, automation (CI/CD, Auto Deployment, System Availability, etc.).
- Ability to quickly identify & manage/mitigate release risks
- Drive strategy & provide vision for development efficiency & environments availability
- Ability to influence Sr. Leadership on direction of engineering efficiencies through data, roadmaps, short/long term plans, etc.
- Strong ability to build & sustain working & strategic relationships across technology
- Expedience with large scalable systems both VM & Container basedmulti data-center (active active) solutions, external 3rd parties such as Akamai, Cloud Fare, etc. & how to bring the solution together into single view.
- Experience in mobile engineering & eCommerce systems
- Experience within container space, understand & able to quickly build & drive team to support future systems.
- Strong leadership & people management skills, with demonstrated ability to lead global, cross-functional teams
Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.