Our mission? To create the finance solution all businesses love.
Our means? Technology, elegant design, & an outstanding sense of customer care. At Qonto
, we believe that great service comes from great thinkers. That's why we strive to provide the right environment that allows you to excel in your work. Check out this video
to learn about our working ethos: The Qonto Way
launched Qonto in July 2017, & the team has achieved great things since then:
- Market leader for online SME banking in Europe
- 220,000 SME clients
- €622 million raised so far with a €4.4 billion valuation after Series D
- International investors including Valar, Alven, Tencent, DST Global, Tiger Global, TCV, Alkeon, Eurazeo, KKR, Insight Partners
- 4 offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, & Barcelona
- And 500+ happy Qontoers building a finance solution businesses love to use
- Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what
- Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed
- Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day
- Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients & each other
You will join the Litigation & dispute resolution team tackling Qonto's pre-litigation & litigation risk. You will support lead litigations lawyers in managing complex customer disputes & litigation cases
You will be part of the fast-growing Legal Team, & the key contact point for our business partners as well as third parties raising a claim against Qonto.
As Legal Counsel Litigation & Dispute resolution at Qonto, you will
• Provide general day-to-day legal advice to our Customer Service on a variety of legal issues raised through customer complaints.
• Manage customer disputes & litigation cases (banking law, civil, commercial, criminal law, ...) before various jurisdictions in France & internationally (Germany, Italy, & Spain) with the assistance of external legal counsels.
• Be responsible for drafting formal notices, settlement agreements, & other legal documentation in relation to litigation & dispute resolution involving Qonto.
• Manage & coordinate external legal counsels as well as internal inputs from stakeholders.
• Support in the development & implementation of legal strategy to reduce the risk of disputes & litigations while keeping a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Collaborate & develop proactive relationships with various teams to anticipate potential customer complaints. • Strengthen the collaboration with the Customer Service team including reviewing & updating existing processes & implementing new processes as needed.
• Provide legal training to the Customer Service & other teams to raise legal awareness.
What you can expect
• Work in a fast-paced & scaling environment.
• Work with diverse & inclusive teams.
• Work in an international company, with teams in 4 European countries ().
• Work on a wide range of legal topics.
• Have access to digitalized legal tools to facilitate your work.
• Experience: You have at least 1-2 years practicing law in a law firm or in-house, with a focus on banking law & dispute resolution. Experience with handling disputes & litigation for payment institutions is highly preferred.
• Academic Background: Qualified to practice law in France. Preferably with a Master's degree in banking law and/or dispute resolution.
• Business-oriented: You are able to put your legal expertise in perspective with Qonto's business & always provide recommendations that are business-oriented. You have experience with working across various teams in a fast-paced environment.
• Communication: You are able to work well with individuals across diverse teams & cultures. You are able to collaborate & function well in a team environment.
• Analytical mind & rigorous: You have excellent organization & planning skills, with the ability to handle multiple cases & disputes simultaneously.
• Curious mindset: You are an intellectually curious, open-minded, adaptable, a fast learner, & are excited by a dynamic startup environment. You are happy with working in a constantly evolving & unsettled technological & legal landscape. You want to have an impact & contribute actively to the payment solution all businesses love.
• Mastery: You are a self-starter; You are able to justify conclusions that you reach to stakeholders.
• Languages: You are fluent in both French & English. Spanish, German or Italian is a plus.