Quick Take: Axios is a digital media company that tells you what matters & why to make you smarter, faster. We're hiring an Editor to help support our Business coverage.
Why it Matters: In just four years, Axios has built a newsroom of more than 65 talented journalists committed to providing our readers with the most trustworthy information, in the most efficient way possible. Reporting to our Managing Editor, the Editor will play a critical role in sharpening & elevating our business coverage.
Go Deeper: You will serve as a player & a coach to work collaboratively across the newsroom to help report, edit, & generate ideas for the biggest stories shaping the American economy & business landscape.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios mission & have the following skills:
- Experience covering & editing markets, business, finance, stocks & economics
- Ability to cut through the noise & make the beat intelligible to other people
- Strong desire to field pitches, write & assign breaking news stories, & brainstorm the best ideas with reporters
- A proven track-record mentoring & developing talent
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities on deadline
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter & cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, & diverse work culture
- Annual learning & development stipend