The Professional Services teams mission is to enable a highly efficient, predictable & transparent supply chain by building robust data network between the Flexport core platform & our customer, supplier & carrier systems.
As a Flexport Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for building B2B data integrations between the Flexports platform & those of our customers & key partners. You will be working with a myriad of clients, from fast growing startup brands to established enterprises, building high quality, reliable & scalable integrations.
What you will do:
- Become a technical expert in logistics space & develop a deep understanding of the Flexport platform
- Participate in customer/partner calls, understanding their requirements & articulating Flexports platform & API capabilities.
- Develop an understanding of EDI standards being used by our enterprise partners for logistics data
- Build robust & scalable integration solutions which are repeatable & easily supportable.
- Utilize an integration platform such as Dell Boomi to build reliable data integrations between Flexports APIs & our partner systems, while providing visibility & transparency to both technical & non-technical cross functional teams.
- Work closely with Flexports Product & Engineering teams, proactively surfacing technical gaps between customer asks & Flexports current service & technical capabilities, & collaborate closely to address them.
- Partner with Sales & Operations to help answer customer questions & scope the technical effort required to build integration solutions.
What youll need:
- Minimum 5 years of software or technology experience with a minimum of 2 years experience as a solutions engineer or an integrations engineer working with B2B integrations with enterprise customers.
- A good understanding of & experience with integration standards & transports including SFTP, Soap/Rest APIs, AS2, XML, XSD, JSON & EDI.
- A good understanding of database concepts & fluency in SQL
- Prior experience building & deploying robust programmatic integrations with APIs in a production environment.
- Working knowledge of Agile frameworks either Scrum or Kanban
- Working knowledge of CI/CD pipeline solutions
- Experience implementing Software Testing Life Cycles (STLC) & the attention to detail to create high quality test cases
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy & enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
Extra points for:
- Demonstrated experience delivering solutions with enterprise integrations platforms such as Dell Boomi, Tibco, BEA, Mulesoft or similar
- Experience with integrating SaaS & on-prem ERP, Fulfillment, Order Management, or Warehouse Management systems
- Experience leading technical discussions with internal & external stakeholders, including customers technical teams & their system integrators.
- Prior experience building EDI integrations is a huge plus.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make it easy & accessible for everyone. Were shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology & exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, were experiencing record growth & are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions & people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, & the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.