Product Marketing Manager, Security
Sumo Logic is looking for an experienced product marketer to join our security product marketing team. Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, Security, this Product Marketing Manager, Security role will focus on building out compelling content that articulates the value & benefits Sumo Logic delivers through our cloud-native security platform & our Cloud SIEM offering.
This role will provide strategic planning & tactical execution of content development, sales enablement & customer engagement. The person in this role will be an expert on our buyerswho they are, how they buy & their key buying criteria. This role will collaborate with the product management, demand generation, content, & marketing comms teams to develop product positioning & messaging that resonate with our target buyer & practitioner personas.
- Develop go-to-market plans designed to promote & demonstrate the value of Sumo Logics security solutions, ultimately driving demand
- Create compelling use-case specific messaging & content, collaborating with other subject matter experts across Sumo Logic
- Design & develop technical & non-technical sales & marketing collateral including, but not limited to, presentations, blogs, solution briefs, white papers, explainer videos, & webinars
- Develop & deliver sales enablement training to internal Sumo Logic & partner sales teams
- Present our solutions in formal & informal settings with prospects, customers, partners, & service providers
- Evangelize Sumo Logic security solutions & speak at tradeshows & industry conferences as needed
- Become the trusted advisor & subject matter expert for all customer-facing personnel when they have questions, concerns, & feedback on products, solutions, & use cases
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years of security product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g., delivering presentations to customers & prospects, speaking on public webinars, conducting competitor analysis or market research)
- Experience working in SIEM, log management, cybersecurity, behavioral analytics or related industries
- Excellent understanding of cloud solutions, including cloud architecture & the related sales motion
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally within product management, business development, sales, & marketing teams, along with technology partners, resellers, & distributors
- Exceptional written & oral communication & strong public speaking & presentation skills
- Technical undergraduate or graduate degree in cybersecurity, computer science, business computer systems, networking, IT management, marketing or equivalent real world experience with a security vendor
- Direct experience with enterprise product marketing or solution marketing for cloud-native platforms or cybersecurity products
- Former security operations experience considered a plus
- SANS/GIAC, ISC2 or other security certification(s) considered a plus
- Pragmatic Institute Certified (PMC) III (or higher) considered a plus
- Experience with value-based selling & customer-driven marketing
Sumo Logic (NASDAQ: SUMO) empowers the people who power modern, digital business. Through its SaaS analytics platform, Sumo Logic enables customers to deliver reliable & secure cloud-native applications. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform helps practitioners & developers ensure application reliability, secure & protect against modern security threats, & gain insights into their cloud infrastructures. Customers around the world rely on Sumo Logic to get powerful real-time analytics & insights across observability & security solutions for their cloud-native applications. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.