As the Procurement Specialist, this position reports to Taniums Senior Manager, Strategic Sourcing & Contract Negotiations. The Procurement Specialist will develop sourcing & category management strategies with clear action plans to increase procurement engagement & smart spending with global teams. Collaborate with internal departments providing analysis of market trends & work with cross functional teams to develop sourcing strategies that add value, minimize risk & ensure alignment with company goals.
What you'll do:
- Engaging with key stakeholders by coordinating business activities through the development of strong business relationships & strategic alliances with suppliers.
- Managing procurement lifecycles, resolving identified process issues, streamlining contract & security reviews, & support the source to pay process.
- Developing & reviewing requests for proposals by managing the sourcing process for new supplier relationships. Pushing for value add opportunities including supplier management & driving accountable performance through conducting quarterly business reviews with key stakeholders & annual supplier reviews .
- Partnering with Finance to understand the full view of spend & budgetary impact of procurement support.
- Reporting & presentation of category spend, savings & other relevant metrics.
- Managing agreement records in Apttus to ensure the supplier agreement terms are appropriately tracked & managed for compliance.
- Maintain purchase orders & work with accounting to ensure any open purchase order related issues are addressed.
- Assist business partners to identify preferred suppliers.
- Negotiate terms with suppliers such as price, quality of goods, deadlines, expectations, etc.
- Liaise with suppliers & business partners to ensure that the procurement practices are in compliance with company policies.
- Attend meetings with the legal department to review & escalate any contractual obligations are not favorable to the company.
We're looking for someone with:
- BA/BS preferred or equivalent 3-5 years' experience in procurement or sourcing.
- Any combination of education & experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, & abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
- Ability to be innovative, think outside the box approach to procurement & supplier management solutions.
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing process, category management methodology & approach.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to self-manage & work well independently, as well as in a team within a dynamic environment.
- Ability to think, adapt, & react in a high-energy, evolving, fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Office 365, Coupa, Netsuite & Apttus is a plus.
- Authorized to work in the United States
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees & their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.