SeatGeeks finance team is growing fast & we're looking for a motivated Senior Accountant to join the team.
As our Senior Accountant, you have a Big 4 background, but are eager to take on new challenges in a quickly scaling environment with less structure (and more snacks!). It's possible you have a strong passion for music, theater, or sports - or you're eager to help redefine how finance plays a role in the live event & tech industries. Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, you'll support our month-end close process, ensure the completeness of income statement & balance sheet accounts following GAAP, perform analysis over complex accounting issues, & manage a staff accountant.
What youll do
- Build relationships with the sales & partnership teams to ensure accurate accounting over customer contracts
- Perform monthly close responsibilities, & help design processes that align with our growth
- Continually learn about current FASB guidance & ASC updates
- Perform monthly revenue share calculations
- Partner with external auditors to ensure completion of audit requests
- Apply GAAP to help prepare & maintain complete & accurate financial reports for a fast-growing contract portfolio
- Prepare base rent schedules, straight-line rent calculations, & lease abstracts for new leases
- Perform the daily revenue reconciliation process & review revenue related journal entries
- Support management to complete special projects & ad-hoc reporting
- 4 years in an accounting role, likely at a Big 4, with a CPAbeing required
- Knowledge of GAAP with an emphasis on Revenue Recognition requirements
- An eagerness to contribute to an evolving environment where prioritization is essential
- Prior management experience
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel (e.g., v-lookup, sum/ifs, Index/match, pivot tables)
- Excited to contribute in a teamwork oriented environment & to build & maintain relationships at all levels of the organization
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to encourage collaboration & company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on tickets to live events
- A superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches & Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, & external guests from the industry
- Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, & meditation services
Come Join Us!
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute & we welcome the differences & benefits that a diverse culture brings.