Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, & brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquares platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Visits. As the industrys first & only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions those that exist today & those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date, building a phones-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the team:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Developer Interfaces team. This full-stack team owns & develops the tools used by our developer communities, allowing developers to explore our APIs & SDK & view insights about their usage.
The Developer Interfaces team is one of the three full-stack teams that creates & owns Foursquare's customer & user interfaces. Together we consider ourselves the gateway to Foursquare's rich & valuable data set. Working with many other groups, including product, data engineering, & client success, our team is the nexus between our customers & Foursquare's location platform. Our full-stack organization owns the applications, APIs, & services that the world's largest brands rely on to move their business forward. We pride ourselves on our customer focus & ability to continually deliver value to our users.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Develop impactful products & features for our external & internal clients
- Work closely with Product Management & Design teams to build requirements & implementation specifications
- Design & implement effective, robust, & maintainable full-stack applications
- Collaborate with the Product Management, Client Success, & Data Engineering teams to achieve company goals
- Take responsibility & ownership of the development, deployment, & support of our production systems
- Drive technical reviews to ensure designs efficiently meet product requirements & describe an optimal implementation
- Help scope team projects into well-defined milestones to incrementally deliver improvements
- Mentor & develop engineering teammates
- 4+ years of software development experience on enterprise or consumer web applications
- Server-side development experience, & knowledge of, or an openness to learning Scala
- Familiarity with databases
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills
Perks & benefits:
- Learning & development programs from ICs to managers
- Individual, professional coaching for all full-time employees
- Flexible time off - rest & recharge when you need it!
- Comprehensive & competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Home office setup: you get all necessary hardware & internet reimbursement
- Family planning programs via Carrot & Maven
- Employee Resource Groups to help you stay connected
- And much more!
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.