At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), were unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, & Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, & rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive online marketplace where teachers have created 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, & parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you havent heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask a teacher.
Were building a team of deeply good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do.
TpT is looking for a technical PM to play a critical role in revamping the core backend systems that power our site & support millions of users & resources. As the technical PM on the Core Marketplace team, you will spend 5 months with the team overhauling crucial e-commerce systems like our product catalog & order management systems.
In this role, you will work closely with product teams across the company to define the right system requirements & prioritize in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The Core Marketplace team is building out APIs & designing backend systems for other teams to leverage, so proactive communication & strong internal stakeholder management is a must. Your work will also be heavily informed by external user flows on TpT, so you'll rely on your strong product sense & attention to detail as well.
- Gather requirements from cross-functional product teams that include PMs, designers, engineers, data engineers, & finance/business operations
- Ruthlessly prioritize to define the right system requirements
- Drive effective decisions for our approach to building out these systems, bringing relevant stakeholders along as needed
- Clearly communicate the strategy, progress, & success of these initiatives to executives & the entire company
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- 4+ years of experience building backend APIs & systems
- Exceptional communication skills - able to share your opinions & debate (strong beliefs, loosely held)
- Track record of strong cross-functional stakeholder management
- Tech-savvy - comfortable in detailed conversations with developers, able to communicate complex technical issues to a wide range of audiences, including external vendors
- Open-minded, collaborative, & eager to learn & solve hard problems
- Demonstrate humility, curiosity, versatility, & creativity
- E-commerce / Online marketplace experience
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.