Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Privacy Manager to join our Legal team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
As Privacy Manager, you will be a key member of the Legal team responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of Oscars Privacy Program. We currently operate in the individual market (both on-and off-exchange) in fifteen states, the small group market in four states, & the Medicare Advantage market. Weve also joined with Cigna to launch an exciting small group product. We anticipate further geographic expansion & new product offerings. You should be comfortable in an ever changing environment as we continue to grow!
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
- Manage day-to-day operations of the privacy compliance program, including compliance with HIPAA, regulations promulgated thereunder, & state law. Conduct & project manage risk analyses & assessments.
- Provide the Privacy team response, & when necessary, project manage business units responses, to any privacy-related issues or inquiries from partners or regulatory agencies & Oscar partners.
- Conduct & supervise investigations into reported or observed violations.
- Facilitate business conformance with applicable privacy rules. Provide on-the-ground advice on business team procedures.
- Serve as the manager to Privacy analysts(s) on the team.
- Work with minimal supervision on multiple, simultaneous & diverse assignments while adhering to deadlines & managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Support cross-training, problem-solving, & knowledge development across Oscar.
- You have a Bachelors degree & 4-6+ years of privacy program managerial experience OR you have 8-10+ years of privacy program managerial experience.
- You are Certified in Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC) by the HCCA. Bonus if you have a CIPM or CIPP/US certification.
- You have prior managerial experience.
- Youre highly organized & detail-oriented; you always strive for perfection.
- You have a demonstrated ability to take ownership with strong work ethic & follow-through skills.
- You possess excellent leadership & communication skills to drive results across a wide range of stakeholders, from data scientists to sales executives to external consultants.
- Youre a critical thinker who can distill complex concepts & regulatory requirements into easy to understand action items.
- You get things done, even if its crunch time.
- You have a passion for healthcare & a knack for making processes more systematic.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.