BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is currently hiring! Were looking for a Senior Social Media Strategist to join our O&O team & help us grow Buzzfeed.coms traffic across social platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest & TikTok! Were looking for someone who knows social, knows the internet & can utilize that knowledge to develop effective strategy across a number of brands.
Please Note: We are currently working remotely, & expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return, in 2021. After re-opening, candidates will be expected to come into the New York office.
This role reports to our Sr. Social Media Strategist, O&O.
- Develop strategy to increase traffic to Buzzfeed.com from platforms such as Twitter, Instagram & TikTok, identifying areas of opportunity & the content + publishing strategy needed to deliver against key performance benchmarks
- Help develop strategy for day-to-day publishing across all social platforms
- Help the O&O social publishing team create promotional strategies & pursue new opportunities to increase traffic
- Ideate & lead creative strategy around target events & branded opportunities
- Analyze, craft & help optimize reports on social performance & trends, messaging key results to O&O social team, as well as non-social stakeholders
- 3+ years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand
- 1+ years of people management experience
- Experience publishing to multiple social platforms & with using photoshop a huge plus
- Ability to leverage data to understand online users consumption behaviors
- A self-motivated personality comfortable carving out new responsibilities
- A strong understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, etc., & why content on those platforms blows up
- A genuine love for & excitement about the internet
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.