About this Role
As the Director of Engineering for our Monetization systems you will help develop & drive forward the strategic direction for products that generate revenue for Fandom communities. Collaboration is key to being successful in this role, working closely with key members of the Monetization Product team, as well as Product & Engineering leads across other areas such as Site Experience, Platform, DevOps, & Data Engineering.
- Have a deep technical knowledge & experience will be needed to make the most of this role, to drive forward the architecture & design of existing & new applications within our ecosystem.
- Partner with our Product team to build out the Roadmap of new product offerings that will be key to the growth of revenue at Fandom. These are not your average display-ad systems we are talking about here, this in new territory & greenfield development!
- Work closely with our Talent Acquisition team to find top software engineering talent to grow our team in the coming months. Having the experience & skills to assess potential talent as a hiring manager are a must. This is an opportunity to further build out your portion of Fandoms Engineering organization with a mix of full-stack & front-end specialist engineers.
- Grow the skills & career paths of new & existing members of the team. You need to be a great coach, & care about how each member of the team is growing their skills & experiences to be able to tackle new challenges.
- Work together with other Engineering leaders throughout Fandom to ensure a cohesive platform & ways of working. Being a great team player that can learn from as well as give perspective to your peers. We are all in this together!
- 5+ years of Engineering Management experience in a scaled organization. Must be well versed in working with other engineering managers & directors to achieve common goals.
- At least 5 years experience as a Software Engineer prior to moving into the management track. Knowing what it takes to be a successful engineer in key to knowing how to manage them!
- Experience as a hiring manager. Come to the interview ready to discuss how you like to approach the hiring process, & things that you have learned along the way.
- Working knowledge of modern Advertising Technologies including but not limited to direct display-ads, programmatic bidding, self-service, & affiliate marketing platforms. Being able to speak to where technology is going in regards to the loss of 3rd party cookies would be a great discussion point to bring to the interview!
- A career path that you are on, & that you will come ready to talk about & be excited to grow with this role. We grow Leaders at Fandom!
Bonus Points if you:
- Experience working with Product & other folks in the US & Europe. We have great folks in lots of places!
- Have great ideas on how to team build while working remotely. Team building in general is a wonderful skill to bring with you!
- Love of Games, Movies, TV, Comic Books, Books, you name it! We love Lore of any kind here at Fandom, & most of us are passionate Fans right alongside our Users.
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute to, & celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or whats buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge & carefully curated & fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Here are our Fandom values:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer