Were looking for a strategic & conceptual Director of Art Direction to join our growing Creative team. Success in this role is to create work that transforms the way people think about travel & how they engage with Away. You advocate for the right idea rather than just a good idea & refuse to put your pencil (or stylus) down until the work is perfect. From ideation to execution, you demand creative excellence & continue to push the boundaries with innovative, emotional & delightful work. Intensely familiar with channel strategy, you know how to build a concept for multi-channel execution that amplifies the creative insight while optimizing for results. As Director of the Art Direction team, youre a natural leader who fosters the best work & motivates, inspires & mentors.
This role will report into the VP of Creative Strategy & work from our headquarters in SoHo, NYC.
What youll do:
- Effectively lead brand-building creative work that delivers on Aways purpose & mission.
- In partnership with the Creative Director, Director of Copy & Director of Design, synthesize briefs to build out insightful creative platforms that have legs to successfully stretch across multiple channels.
- Own, protect & build on a detailed visual identity that reinforces the brand & creates an emotional connection with our customers.
- Lead conceptual ideationresulting in work that leverages creative tension, taps into cultural conversation & gets people talking.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners in Brand Marketing, Growth, Web. PR, & more to define & understand messaging strategy in order to effectively deliver on the brief.
- Use performance learnings from Growth, Data/Analytics, Insights, Digital Product & CX teams to continue optimizing the brand experiencealways putting feedback to work.
- Lead projects from concept to executionincluding pre-production prep, on-set art direction, post production & iteration as needed.
- Oversee a growing team of Art Directors & actively foster a culture of creative excellence.
- Be a leaderone that radiates positivity, consistently pushes the boundaries, effectively collaborates & promotes a one-team mindset.
Who you are:
- You have 8+ years of experience working as an art directora mix of agency & e-commerce brand experience is a plus.
- A compelling portfolio of distinctive work that elevates a brands creative experience.
- A creative visionarypeople are inspired by & excited to work with you.
- Able to operate at a leadership level with the ability to both mentor & manage.
- Fluent in channel best practicespushing for work that balances brand & business goals.
- Extensive on-set art direction experience with the ability to manage unforeseen changes & feedback.
- Experienced in & comfortable working cross-functionally with various key stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to clearly articulate your rationale & evoke excitement with your recommendations.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where deadlines, priorities & initiatives change frequentlystability means youre not innovating.
- Expert in the Adobe Suite, G-Suite, Keynote, & any other relevant tools needed.
- You love to travel (but thats a given).
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!